Ford Trucks

joesikora

Long Time Member
Did anyone else see this ad on any news station for the Governor's race in VA that the Democrats have made? It's a commercial showing a white man wearing sunglasses driving a Ford Truck with a Confederate flag hanging off the back of the Truck chasing Latinos, Muslins, etc children depicting that this man is hunting them down? Could you imagine being a young child seeing this and theres no adult around to debunked this ad? It would scare the Heck out of them. If Fords know about the ad using their Truck and continues to let them run it I think I'll have to rethink all my Truck needs in the future? I'll be calling Ford in the morning and will write the respond I get.

Thanks for your time

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

Hey Joe!

Ford Had nothing to do with it!

I'm Not Sure if Homer would 'Rather Walk' any more!:D

There are Confederate Flags/Painted Pallets & Bumper Stickers everywhere here where I Live!

I Promise everybody there'll be HELL Paid by anybody Screwin with these Locals Confederate Flags & Etc!

Back Me Off to 1,700 Yards,650 is a Little Close & I'm Not Comfortable with it!

A GUT SHOT at 1,700 Yards will Still Make Some Good BRAGGIN Rights so I Can Say I At Least Hit Him!

90087hankjr.jpg

>I'd rather walk than drive a
>ford....even before the ad....
>
>
>
323421626570513685990098870652286725493870346854n.jpg

+ about a million!!!
I bought a Super duty last year, worst money I ever spent!!
First Ford I ever bought and damn sure the last.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-17 AT 07:56PM (MST)[p]

I posted the ad on Ford's facebook page. That should get some attention.

To each his own, I have had nothing but good luck with Fords. Still driving my 2001 Supercrew 4x4 with 240,000 miles on it. Just normal maintanence and it has made twice yearly trips to the mountains of Colorado, hauled cattle and horse trailers, and driven to church on Sunday!

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

See Bess, that's what I'm thinking too, as far as that Ford don't know this. Well tomorrow morning they will. If that is the case, I'm sure Ford will make them pull the ad. These politicians are going way to far to make the working man the bad guys.

Thanks for your time again

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

Very cool txhunter

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-17 AT 08:02PM (MST)[p]This thread trying to tie racist fearmongering into a specific truck brand can't be serious.

The truck brand had absolutely nothing to do with anything in this crap of an ad.

You probably should contact Ray-Ban sunglasses and Hanes Beefy-T as well since they were also featured.

Grizzly

>>I'd rather walk than drive a
>>ford....even before the ad....
>>
>>
>>
323421626570513685990098870652286725493870346854n.jpg

>
>+ about a million!!!
>I bought a Super duty last
>year, worst money I ever
>spent!!
>First Ford I ever bought and
>damn sure the last.

So runamuk?

What was the Issue/Issues with the Ford?

I Drive all Brands!

I Can Show you TOTAL TRASH of each Brand on certain Years!

One of these Days I'm gonna give Homer a Ride!

And He'll Either 'RIDE IN A DODGE' or Walk!:D

A GUT SHOT at 1,700 Yards will Still Make Some Good BRAGGIN Rights so I Can Say I At Least Hit Him!

90087hankjr.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-17 AT 08:58PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-17 AT 08:50?PM (MST)

Hi Bess, yes I know who made the ad. Im not saying Ford had anything to do with the ad I'm saying that they used a trademark name and they have to have permission from the company to do so. I said earlier that I'll bet Ford has no idea that they are using their brand in the ad. that's it. If they do know and allowed it then this is a problem for me as an American!

Sorry, I have a tough time expressing my thoughts in my posts

Thanks for your time

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-17 AT 09:51PM (MST)[p]Hi Bessy, I have no problem with the Confederate Flag. I tried telling Mrs Sikora that when we were kids we had southern rock on the radios and Confederate stickers with band names on them etc, on our trucks. To us it was being a rebel and being cool! In no way did we ever think it had anything to do with slavery or we were being racists. The thought never entered our minds. I don't agree with wanting to tear down monuments etc,. it bothers me to say the least. My aunt told me a year or so ago that the next twenty years are going to be VERY INTERESTING! She's 83 and she didn't explain why to me at the time and when I asked her later she couldn't remember her thoughts.

Thanks Joe

-Joe E Sikora

Joe, I now get what you're saying. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The ad is definitely tasteless, but I'm pretty sure if you look closely the Ford logo has been removed from the truck.

Like I mentioned above, Ford has nothing to do with this... being that they're the top selling trucks for decades, it's actually statistically most likely that it would be a Ford based purely on sales volume.

I just don't feel this ad is an indictment on the brand in any way.

Grizzly

LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-17 AT 10:29PM (MST)[p]Grizzly no worries! I totally agree with you. I didn't see any Ford logo either but we all know it's a Ford. And if I was Ford and they used my brand in that horrible ad I'd be very disturbed.

Thanks again
Joe

-Joe E Sikora

Hey Grizz I hope you gave Mrs Grizz my congrats on her bighorn sheep hunt.
She is one tough young lady. I don't know if I could have done it.

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

Just got her broke in ain't it bob?

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

No Worries Joe!

We All Like You as Always!

We Do have a bunch of HillBillies around here though!

And wapatibob?

That must be a 7.3 and not a 6.0?:D

90087hankjr.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-17 AT 10:00PM (MST)[p]So Bessy how many points are you going to have in the draw this coming year? I'm thinking I need to start my campaign earlier this year! I sure thought you would draw last year. I'm calling the Trump telling him The Bobcat needs his San Juan tag now!
Lol!

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

>Hey Grizz I hope you gave
>Mrs Grizz my congrats on
>her bighorn sheep hunt.
>She is one tough young lady.
>I don't know if I
>could have done it.
>
>Joe

I did. Thank you, good sir.

Grizzly

Yep, they did at least take off the "Ford" emblem on the front and back of the truck. However, you can still see the FX4/off road and the F250 on the side.

txhunter58

My last F150 was a 2004 Super Crew 4x4 5.4 Triton with 312,000 miles on it when I sold it...a great truck...factory tranny made 270,000 miles...current ride is a 2015 Super Crew FX4 3.5 Ecoboost...other than having to replace the FORD POS ETB with a BBK American made piece, I have really enjoyed this truck...

joesikora, I share your outrage at such a deplorable political ad, but it's not directed at Ford.

I've seen a lot of footage of ISIS in their victory celebrations driving Toyotas. But it's not Toyota's fault. :)

I wonder how many of those Toyotas are still on the road today...they might still be on the road, just in little tiny pieces. :D

97172deliverancebanjo.jpg

eelgrass, tiny pieces that's a good one. LOL!

Again I think my message gets lost in translation, which is my fault. My out cry is that I want Ford to know about this ad using their brand so they could make them pull the ad because of trademark issues. This ad is intended to make the next generations dislike the white conservatives and they will remember seeing that Trucks embels and associate that brand with a hateful message.

Thanks Joe

-Joe E Sikora

"I've seen a lot of footage of ISIS in their victory celebrations driving Toyotas. But it's not Toyota's fault."

But that is different. That is news footage, not an ad. We have no control over what they are driving and no one would think Toyota could do anything about that. But an ad in the US can't use trademarked brand symbols in their ad unless the pay that company. We can get that stopped if the company doesn't want to be associated with the ad and no money changed hands for its use.

txhunter58

Wow that is a pretty pathetic ad by the left.

"We don't have a gun problem we have prescription drug problem."

Thanks txhunter, that's exactly what I was trying to express

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

LAST EDITED ON Oct-31-17 AT 03:03PM (MST)[p]The people who did the ad did removed the "Ford" emblem. But I suspect the FX4/off road and I am sure the F250 is a trademarked symbol.

You started something Joe. I see that at least 4 other people have posted in Fords facebook account about this ad!

txhunter58

To keep my Ford Truck clean, I too use the two bucket method, grit guards, microfiber mits, and wash the wheel wells with a special brush. I tend to start with the tires, wheels, then body (Top to bottom).

It takes me a good 2 hours to completely wash, dry, and wipe down/vacuum the interior. I must be slow.

Once a year I do professional car detailing https://detailingproshop.ca/

The Ford Foundation and Ford Motor company are two different organizations. The Ford Foundation was started by Edsel Ford and Henry Ford but by 1974 the Ford Foundation had sold all its holdings in Ford Motor.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom