FOREST FIRE IN THE HEART OF THE WHITE MTNS. AZ.

B

BBWALLOW

I WISH THE GOV WOULD STAND UP TO THE TREE HUGGERS BEFORE THERE ARE NO TREES LEFT. A FIRE STARTED LAST NIGHT IN THE HEART OF THE WHITE MTNS. THE THREE FORKS AREA, WHAT DO HAVE TO DO LOOSE ALL THE FOREST BEFORE THEY REALIZE THEIR IS A PROBLEM. I HUNT THIS AREA EVERY YEAR. IT JUST ABOUT KILLS ME TO SEE IT BURN. ANY IDEAS ON WHAT WE THE PUBLIC CAN DO, IF ANY THING. THANKS, BOBBY

Whats wrong with fires? Supression just builds fuels and makes for unmanageable wildfires... Can you honestly say that logging is a better alternative to fire? Sure the wood may be wasted but is it really. The nutrients will be returned to the forest for future trees. Burn areas produce excellent forage for animals and create some of the best habitat to hunt in years to come.

Fire is a way of life you just have to deal with it.

in all but the most of remote of wilderness, we manage everything. flora and fauna. game, nongame, fish, lizards, fungus, trees, grass, everything. folks have private property in the middle of wooded areas. etc. can't just let things burn up. needs to be some sort of reasonable program for preventing forest fire devastation of non wilderness places. three forks is great country. one of my very favorite places on earth. a lot of wide open prarie, dense douglas fir forest, ponderosas on the top and south exposure and big deep canyons with creeks full of trout. few places have it's diversity. fire is weather, just like rain and wind and snow and drought. it does do a lot of good. does a lot of bad too. real live forest folks, not some dude that communes with nature and has no real education, agree that there are ways to lessen the impact of forest fires by thinning and selective logging. anything that isn't like huggers want it to be is met with violent protest and endless litigation. has to be some other way than to just let things burn. makes me sick to think of this place in a dire way. last i heard it was over 3000 acres and screaming. hope the folks that own the cabins at sierra blanca have insurance.

What gets me is both the KP fire and the Three Forks fire are human caused. The KP fire (16000 acres) is 90% contained and the Three Forks fire (3500 acres) is 30% contained.

I harvested a nice buck next a smoking stump during fire(burned long since passed no firefighters around!!) in CA 2yrs ago only after a FISH and GAME bio guy said that deer flock to burn area as soon as people leave. SO CHILL DUDE!
BETTER TO BURN NOW! GREEN UP WILL FATTEN EM UP!
JACK

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom