Forest Roads

rocky2track

LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-17 AT 12:44PM (MST)[p]As discussed all over this forum, this past winter has been one for the records. Our area streams here in Sublette County have not crested once, but twice, and have been top 5 events both times due to all the snow still sitting above 9000 feet.
Our local forest roads are taking a pounding, and with the way the USFS likes to manage these days and having low funds, it appears some roads will not be repaired this year or possibly ever. I'd like to share copied text from Facebook today. These roads are all in region G & H for you deer hunters. Could be an interesting fall if some of these are not repaired and traffic patterns adjust to roads that are not passable. I'm also hearing from some locals that there are other roads that have significant damage, but have yet to be reported. For more pics and info look at the Facebook page for the Bridger-Teton national Forest. Let me give you one big hint now. You guys that like to go up Labarge road are in for big surprise!

U.S. Forest Service-Bridger-Teton National Forest
21 hrs ?
Here are the June 23, 2017 Road and trail Conditions. #Snowmelt

Kemmerer Ranger District:
Hobble Creek Road Closed- washout
Big Springs Road Repaired! - OPEN
Minnie Holden Creek Road Closed - washout
LaBarge Creek Road Closed- Washout. Indefinite. The Forest has no permission from landowner

Big Piney Ranger District:
Cliff Creek Road- Open Muddy in spots
Edwards Creek Road Repaired- OPEN
South Piney Creek Road- Closed- washout Being Repaired
Horse Creek Road -Open
Thompson Pass Road Closed - washout Being repaired
North Cottonwood Creek Road-Open
South Cottonwood Creek Road- Open

Greys River Ranger District:
Cottonwood Creek Road- Closed - Washout
Blind Bull Road- Closed - landslide Indefinite
Swift Creek Road -Open - repaired

Jackson Ranger District:
Crystal Creek Campground -Open Only one loop closed where campsites washed away into the Gros Ventre River
Fish Creek (FS #30410) -Closed - Flooded Impassable
Shadow Mountain (FS #30340) OPEN
Curtis Canyon - Closed -Closed above the barricade at Sheep Creek Turnoff . Blown out road. Impassable
Ditch Creek Road (FS #30350) -Closed- washout
Goodwin Lake Trailhead Road (FS#30440) -Closed impassable
Little Granite Creek -Closed washout
Blackrock Ranger District
Trail Creek -4-5 feet of snow Trail to Hawk's Rest
Soda Fork Trail -4-5 feet of snow Trail to Hawk's Rest
Leidy Lake Road (FS #30100 and #30250)- Closed- Washout
Spread Creek Road (FS #30290) -Closed - washout Barricade in place
Hatchet/Flagstaff Road (FS #30290)- Open
Pacific Creek Road -Open
Turpin Campground -Open
Sheffield Campground- Closed- Flooded

Pinedale Ranger District:
Boulder Lake Road -Open
New Fork Lake Road- Open
Scab Creek Road -Open
Halfmoon Lake Road- Closed - washout open to the resort. Washed out just passed the resort
Fremont Lake Road -Open
Green River Lake Road -Open- Repairs ongoing Very muddy. No RV's
Teepee Creek Road -Closed- washout
Big Sandy Road -Passable by ATV- Flooded
Boulder Lake Campground - Closed- Flooded
Whiskey Grove Campground - Closed- Flooded
Willow Lake Campground - Closed- Flooded

Wow thanks for sharing. I don't have Facebook so this is the first I've heard about this. I imagine all those trucks pulling horse trailers are going to have a tough time. I hope when July roles around I'm able to cross a few large creeks while out scouting.

I'm pretty sure Cottonwood is open. There are some private cabin leases up by the lake and the owners came in earlier with heavy equipment and repaired the road. It is generally the course.

>I'm pretty sure Cottonwood is open.
>There are some private cabin
>leases up by the lake
>and the owners came in
>earlier with heavy equipment and
>repaired the road. It is
>generally the course.

Thanks for the info.

The latest, per the forest service:

Here are the CLOSED ROADS on the Bridger-Teton due to mud slides, washouts, and floods. There is still a lot of snow to come off so use caution when heading out. #SnowMelt #KnowBeforeYouGo

Kemmerer Ranger District:
? Hobble Creek Road -CLOSED- washout and high water at crossing
The pass between LaBarge and Smith Fork is still covered with snow

Greys River Ranger District:
? Blind Bull Road- CLOSED - landslide

Jackson Ranger District:
? Fish Creek (FS #30410) -CLOSED - Flooded Impassable
? Curtis Canyon - CLOSED -Closed above the barricade at Sheep Creek Turnoff . Blown out road. Impassable
? Ditch Creek Road (FS #30350) -CLOSED- washout
? Little Granite Creek -CLOSED washout
? Hoback Campground - CLOSED - Water issues

Blackrock Ranger District:
? Trail Creek -4-5 feet of snow Trail to Hawk's Rest
? Leidy Lake Road (FS #30100 and #30250)- CLOSED- Washout
? Spread Creek Road (FS #30290) -CLOSED - washout Barricade in place
? Sheffield Campground- CLOSED- Flooded

Pinedale Ranger District:
? Halfmoon Lake Road- CLOSED - washout open to the resort. Washed out just passed the resort
? Big Sandy Road - Flooded. Passable with higher clearance vehicles; boulders with potholes and still wet in spots.
? Boulder Lake Campground - CLOSED- Flooded: walk in only. Road is damaged at entrance to campground. Campground is dry, but vehicles are not able to drive in.
? Willow Lake Campground - CLOSED- Flooded

LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-17 AT 09:51AM (MST)[p]For you Region H'ers... Here's a landslide up Cliff Creek that's changed the area below the falls.

"https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153973013422706&set=p.10153973013422706&type=3&theater"

And here's another landslide over the hill in Willow Creek that's damned up the creek...

"https://www.facebook.com/BridgerTetonNF/photos/pcb.1793028181027700/1793028147694370/?type=3&theater"

And pics of the Blind bull Landslide..

"https://www.facebook.com/BridgerTetonNF/photos/pcb.1791693921161126/1791693324494519/?type=3&theater"

LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-17 AT 10:15AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-17 AT 10:14?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-17 AT 10:11?AM (MST)

Neat video of the Greys River Country from a week ago. Hope this link works..

Edit: well dangn't not working.. Sorry.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom