found another big set!

K

KILLERBEE

well not as cool as my non-typical set but hey, i wont complain! he's a 6x7 that i scored at 325" with a 36"spread. but i think this bull is an EXTRA WIDE bull. the way his horns are shaped it makes his 50" main beams lookj short. when i hold them like they should look i believe he is at least 40"inside and more like 42" but anyway they were laying 10 ft. away from each other. but kinda got a little heavy when i was packing them 5 miles back to the truck:)
49f516457c6944f7.jpg

49f5166f7f3dd18d.jpg

49f516917ff91eee.jpg

49f516aa01a816f3.jpg

49f516cc0258a706.jpg

49f516f402f17122.jpg

i lost a bull a few yrs back that was this big. my arrow glanced off a limb of a downfall and put the arrow right under the spine[ as much as i really dont like to admit that] i called the bull into 32 yrds of me and a buddy. we tracked that bull for 2 miles on the GPS and found less than 5 pin droppes of blood and he stayed with his heard the whole time. i like to think that he made it through my dumbass messup to keep passing on his genes!

but like i said on my nontyp.set. i'm really not that diehard of a shed hunter.[ but this year i have done WAY more than i ever have] i think i really just got lucky picking my area. the first place i wanted to go look i saw 3 bulls packing that night. next day- i found the big set. from there [after getting some great motivation finding that set] i've just been expanding the draws and ridges in the same area.and i keep getting lucky. but believe me, i know some guys who are 100% way better and more die-hard shed hunters than me.

on another note: i did hear from a guy who seen the pics of the non-typ set that he[that bull] runs on private ground all last fall. so theres a good chance that he wont be huntable. but you can bet your azz i'll be watching the area all summer long.;)

LAST EDITED ON Apr-28-09 AT 08:33PM (MST)[p]>You are one shed findin SOB.
>I love your pics. They
>grasp the meaning of shed
>hunting. Thanks

honestly one of the reasons i really got into shed hunting more this year is seeing all the As-They-Lay pics on these forums. so everytime i find one i try my best not to touch it till i have snapped a few pics. but what stinks is i love the pics with a good view for a background. but now i'm so worried about showing the area that i just take pics towards the ground. but hey, i'm glad you enjoy them. i always like seeing other peoples pics too!

Hey KB, I know the price of fuel is down but how many more weekend trips to Jackson Hole Wy are you going to make? You know you are cutting into the boyscouts profits and making out of staters think we have good bulls in Oregon LOL. Nice finds

Back
Top Bottom