Found my buck!!

J

JimmyAZ

I posted a segment in the archery forum last week about losing a buck. I finally got to go out on my first archery hunt ever last week. No tree stands were in the area so my friend and I still hunted. Luckily I came up on a brute, got an arrow off, and than he was gone. After inspection, there was blood, and after the 1 1/2 hour wait, the tracking commensed. We jumped him 3/4 mile later and than lost the trail. I went back Sunday with no luck. I told myself that today was the last I was giving to find him, and after 5 hours of gridding briar patches, marshes, and ponds, I found him!!!

He grosses 151 6/8" with a net of 142"!! My first time ever out with a bow and my first whitetail buck!! Can't wait to get out some more!!

100_2278.jpg

100_2277.jpg

100_2283.jpg

Congrats on the nice buck. I have a question though. How does that work as far as your tag goes? I assume that you want to keep the animal and to do that you've got to tag it, so you punch your tag and just get the head?

Exactly. Unfortunately, I was not able to retrieve in time and enjoy the meat. At the same, I shot the deer, I'm not going to take his antlers and keep hunting with the same tag, wouldn't be any different in my eyes than poaching it. So I reported the harvested deer to the local DNR and registered it with the tag in my possession. I still have an anterless only tag so hopefully I can get some meat from that.

Glad you were able to find him.....was he far from the water you reported?

BOHNTR )))---------->

Nice buck. Wished you could have gotten him sooner but sometimes it doesn't work out like we want. Non the less , glad to hear you found him. He looks pretty good. Thanks for sharing it here ...NMHUNTNUTT1

He was about 300 yards from the water I jumped him out of, but right on the edge of another pond/marsh.

Will have to give congrats on setting a great example of ethics .Good job .As well congrats on a great buck.

Here is another big THUMBS UP for good hunting ethics. Glad you found your buck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom