FOUND RIFLE YOUNG,AZ

G

GOODoleBOYS

LAST EDITED ON Oct-19-08 AT 10:51PM (MST)[p]Found a rifle on HWY 288, between Globe and Young Satuday morning at 4am. Was scoutin for whitetail. Let me know if you lost it.

Good trip, saw bucks, fox, does, quail, shot one coyote, guy drove off the cliff and fled scene, just a good ole scoutin trip.

Will contact Sheriff

to bad the guy who lost it probaly don't come on here, and wouldn't know it was found and turned in. You might want to post it at the local sporting good store and see if some-one come forward to claim it.

Still has not been reported stolen or missing. 23 south is where I found it. I am going to turn it in to Gila County Sherrif Depart., talked to them and they want it. Hopefully the owner finds it!

I wouldn't give it to them....give them your # only and if someone calls them about losing it they can give the guy your number.......

Otherwise some chump deputy will end up with it after no one calls in a year.

JB

Really? Yeah that would stink if some Deputy ended up with it!!! They called and want to make arrangments for me to turn it in, but I am not headed that way for awhile. So guess they will need to come get it from me. He also said I could be charged with it if it was not turned in. I did not quite understand why, but I'll found out what I need to do to possible keep it if not claimed.

can you guys in AZ still sell long guns privately betwwen 2 parties....without background checks?

If so I don't know how he can say that.

JB

I know firstcoueswas80in posted this on the cwt.com forum but i didnt know the cops said they could charge you. That is incorrect UNLESS it is reported stolen. In which case possession of stolen property, yet since it was lost it would never go to court. I work in the gun business and private party transfers in arizona are completely legal. Do not give it up unless it is to the person whom lost it. For instance my boss found an old pre-64 winchester in unit 22 a LONG time back that looked like it had been proped against the tree since pre-64. He cleaned it up and built himself a custom 280 out of it and has killed many animals across north america with it from coues to alaska-yukon moose and dall's. Neat find if no one claims it, if you need any more info feel free to pm me here or on cwt as coueschaser3.

-Tim

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -- Abraham Lincoln

>can you guys in AZ still
>sell long guns privately betwwen
>2 parties....without background checks?
>
>If so I don't know how
>he can say that.
>
>JB

any non tax stamp requiring weapon in arizona can be transfered privately. Always good to get copy of DL though to cover your A$$. Meaning rifle pistol revolver you name it.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -- Abraham Lincoln

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom