Found this one down already...

What a nice buck and what a shame he was lost. Thanks for taking the time to post the picture. I hope you took the horns.......Allen Taylor......

This looks like a Mule Deer Buck or am I looking at it thw wrong way. If this is a Coues it has extremely long points?

In any event this is a shame. To many Preditors!

Looks like a coues to me. I agree that it has some nice tine length.

Keep in mind that the coues deer ears are quite a bit smaller than a muley, which can play tricks on rack size. Especially with nothing next to it (like a lucky hunter) to give the photo some scale.

S.

15X,

Where in 35A did you find him? I hunted the unit and was just curious. I was there during the Oct. hunt. Wish I would have bagged one like this. Shame someone shot it and didn't do a good job of tracking it. I shot mine this year with a .444 Marlin in the lung and it still bolted like it was on steroids. If I didn't get a second shot to snap it's neck ten yards later, who knows how far he would have gone.

To everyone else here on the board...I've been busy at work these past few weeks but I'll be back on more come late Dec. Hope all you guys are doing well.

Regards,

Chef

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/kdeaton/downdeer.html

Bullseye, here is a picture of this buck from another angle - I know what you mean about getting these deer mixed up with mulies and tine length, but this one is definitely a whitetail. Hopefully this second photo will make it easier to discern.

Chef: I read your earlier post about hunting in 35A, and your good fortune - congratulations! This deer was found on the NW side of the Huachucas - found it while glassing from a high vantage point. I had to have my partner look at it through his glasses when I found it, cuz it just didn't look right laying in that position! ....and yes, I did take the antlers, but won't be able to claim the kill.

You stated you saw some shooters while you were hunting in 35A during the earlier hunts - I have a December tag in this unit- - would you be able to share any info?

Thanks, Dennis

>http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/kdeaton/downdeer.html
>
>Bullseye, here is a picture of
>this buck from another angle
>- I know what you
>mean about getting these deer
>mixed up with mulies and
>tine length, but this one
>is definitely a whitetail.
>Hopefully this second photo will
>make it easier to discern.
>
>
>Chef: I read your earlier
>post about hunting in 35A,
>and your good fortune -
>congratulations! This deer was found
>on the NW side of
>the Huachucas - found it
>while glassing from a high
>vantage point. I had
>to have my partner look
>at it through his glasses
>when I found it, cuz
>it just didn't look right
>laying in that position! ....and
>yes, I did take the
>antlers, but won't be able
>to claim the kill.
>
>You stated you saw some shooters
>while you were hunting in
>35A during the earlier hunts
>- I have a December
>tag in this unit- -
>would you be able to
>share any info?
>
>
>Thanks, Dennis

Thanks Dennis I can see clearly now that this is a Coues . Appreciate your clearing this up for me

BILL

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom