Freezer Meat Hunt?

C

caherring

Headed to MT Taylor area for a cow hunt this weekend, hoping to get some freezer meat. Hope this storm drives them into the flats a bit. Anyone know if the Grants area is getting much snow out of these storms?

I am headed to the Zuni,s for a cow hunt, had a bunch spotted for a couple weeks, with this storm I wonder if they will still be there!

Not sure what this second wave is gonna do. First one was not quite the catastrophe they had been advertising all week, not in the immediate vicinity of grants anyway. Higher elevations had some decent accumulation from what I hear, I hunted low country in 13 and was done and back in ABQ by afternoon on saturday.

me, my wife and a friend wasthere last weekend and killed 3 cows in about a day! If you need it cut up call Victor, hes works at smtihs grocery store, he does a awesome job!

I hope you have a good meat hunt.

That Unit is beyond destroyed. There have been 4 wheelers etc over every square inch of that unit, since Sept.

Maybe there is a dumb one, around.

Thanks for the updates everyone. My buddy's wife had a hunt there in Nov and said he said it was packed with hunters. Figures... But hoping to see on nonetheless.

Got one on the third day. Missed a shot on the opening morning, hit one twice on the second day only to have someone haul butt up to it in their truck (not on the road) and shoot it to claim as their own (some people...). But overall it was a great time, saw A LOT of elk (and hunters). I should have had got one opening morning, but was dead set on attempting to kill it with a Muzzleloader my wife had bought me. I ended up having to switch to my .270 because the opportunities were pretty far shots. But it worked out in the end. Hope everyone else had/has luck on the late hunts.
Post Script: BBBRRRRRR it was cold. Very low single digits! Glad I was not in a tent!

It's always a good hunt if you put meat in the freezer. That sounds pretty cold, Be hard starting up those old deisels. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom