Freezing contacts

D

DonV

Contacts are roughly half water so I am sure they can freeze. Has anyone had any trouble on very cold wilderness hunts? When I take mine out at night I put them in a case and in the sleeping bag with me, however, my spares, are left in the truck or tent where there is a very good chance sooner or later they will freeze.

Anyone have this problem or know if they will be OK after freezing?

I wore glasses for the longest time until I heard about the Ciba Night & Day contact lenses. Basically, it is a 30 day contact that you keep in around the clock...yes even sleep with them in and toss them after 30 days. These particular contacts are only about 25% water therefore taking a few days to get used to the feel.

I am not sure about the freezing thing. My wife works for an eye doctor so I can check and see what freezing does to contacts.

Wilecoyote76

Takes a lot to freeze salt water (saline). If they did freeze the expansion would screw em up for sure, I think. The worst part is dropping 30 - 40 degree contacts onto your eyeballs. Hurts like heck for a second or two. Good question though, will ask my buddy who works for a lense manufacturer what would happen and get back to you.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom