Fresh Northwest Colo lion kill

LuckyHntr

Well, here is another. No flies, no smell, I almost walked right past it. Noticed a small bit of blood, thought it was a coyote turd, ha, but it was attached to a nice piece of meat. The ground seemed to be churned up, so looked around and right above it saw the hoofs sticking out of ground. It was a small deer, I didn't mess with it. Lion had urinated right next to it.

After leaving scene, checked my back trail just in case the lion wanted taste of not so free ranging slow white man. You never know anymore. Trail cams picking up lots of lion in this area. Finding more lions than bulls. : (

3662img1141.jpg

5231img1142.jpg

Not bad. Did see some bachelor groups of bucks, but overall nothing big. I saw one that looked pretty good, velvet hanging on/off his antlers. Don't think he was thirty, but not bad.

Rumor has it that there are good bucks there. I ran across two guys who were scouting, that burned 12 preference points to hunt 2nd season rifle.

I would be concerned with the lion population and the effect it will have on the bucks in particular. There is some great looking deer country in the area. I understand at one time there were some big bucks.

Some guys are hunting coyotes in the area and that should help the overall population.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom