Friends antelope pics

A

AZbowhntr

Here are a couple pictures of a friend of mine and his wifes antelopes from this past week. She took hers with a rifle and he took his with a muzzleloader. Both of them are nice but his is incredible. Enjoy

8muzzant1.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

That first one is a boomer, it is a rare moment just too see something that big, congrat to your friends and thanks for the pic!

Real nice pics. That man has one hell of a buck. I would like to know what that guy scores. Congrats on two very nice antelope.

Both goats are awsome. but that first one "WOW" how tall is that thing. Looks like about 17" what a awsome goat.

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

Here is the cut and paste from the email he sent me. He also said that hers will go 75-80" and was shot at 302 yds.

The buck is 17-6/8" tall and will score between 85-90 B&C points. I saw him at 7:30 in the morning and wasn't able to get close enough to shoot him until 3:45 in the afternoon. While I was stalking him, it rained and hailed for almost an hour. It was hard to get close because he had 20 other antelope with him. All those eyes and only a few places that I could hide as you can see from the picture.

Sorry it took so long to respond, I was helping my brother on his cow elk hunt. Thanks for the compliments on my buck, I really appreciate it! Thanks (O) for posting the pictures for me.
I shot the buck at 160 yards with a T/C Pro Hunter mounted with a Nikon Omega 3-9x40 BDC scope. I used 130 grains (one 30 and two 50's) of Pyrodex pellets and a 250 grain Shockwave bullet. I found only a slight difference in the way the BDC scope worked from the recommended 150 grains of powder (for those who care). I watched and filmed this buck while scouting but lost him three weeks prior to the hunt. I actually heard that someone else shot him opening morning. I decided to keep looking anyway and found him the third evening of the hunt. He was pushed into the trees that evening by another hunter. Obviously, I was fortunate enough to locate him again on the fourth morning in a different area and the rest is history.
It only took 16 years and 17 bonus points to draw the tag. Maybe I'll draw another one 16 years from now! My wife drew her tag after 14 years. That's her first speed goat. She shot him with a .243 at 302 yards.

Excellent antelope.

Way to hang in there with your points and then make it count.

That is a beautiful antelope!!!

Good thing the wife didnt get a bigger one than you!

Two very nice pronghorns! Let us know the final scores if you would please.

It took me 14 years before I drew my first CA antelope tag. I know the feeling.:) Then I waited the required 10 years before applying again, and then drew my first year. So maybe you won't have to wait as long the second time around.

Eel

Just an update, I decided to have my antelope scored for the SCI book since they have a separate category for muzzleloaders and you don't have to wait the 60 day drying period. My buck ended up being 18-1/8" tall and scored 88-0/8 SCI points which will place him at #5 according the their latest muzzleloader listing. With deductions he green scores at 86-5/8 B&C.
My wife's buck green scored 77-4/8 B&C which isn't bad for her first one. I'm so proud of her and really would not have cared if she would have killed one bigger than me. She has all ready out done me on elk and Coues deer, so I've gotten over it along time ago! Besides, I just tell everyone that I taught her everything see knows. Ha Ha
I hope her brothers don't read this; they might take offense to that last statement.
On another note, I just want to thank the people that gave me information on where to look or what to look for before our hunts started (Steve, Terry, Eli, and others). Thanks guys!!!

Steve, congrats again on the buck. I got to meet a couple of Lori's brothers a couple weeks ago. I went up and helped Sean on his bull hunt for a couple days. Talk about a couple elk calling fools. It seemed like we had bulls coming in all day long. Sean's brother had a 25 yard broadside shot at a 310 bull but it stopped behind a small tree and didn't give him a shot. It was a great time.

Nice buck. Did you get some help from the Grimmets and others? Was this buck shot in AZ? I'm just curious because I have 14 points and I am wondering what's still out there. That is if you hunted in AZ. Once again congrats on a great buck.
nk

Both bucks are from Arizona. Mine is from Unit 8 and my wife's is from Unit 10.
nk, every year there are huge bucks taken in most of the western states, especially AZ. There seems to be more 90 inch class bucks taken every year than the previous. With 14 bonus points I would think/hope that you would draw a tag shortly. Just keep on trying. One of the guys that gave me information about Unit 8 drew a tag there in 2004 with only one bonus point!
Always use your resources. Forums like this one are great to seek helpful advice. I don't know Eli Grimmett personally, but I asked him questions through his website and another hunting forum (AZOD) and he was very helpful. I also watched his video "Size Is Everything!" numerous times to better gauge the quality of the bucks I scouted. The gentlemen that drew the tag in 2004 sent me an email telling me the size and location of several good bucks in my unit. Matter of fact, a good friend of mine took pictures of the buck I shot long before the season opened and told me where to find him.
If any of you every draw a tag I would be more than glad to help out with information. Sometimes I even volunteer to go along for the ride!!
Saskman talk about a pig, how about that pig of a whitetail you shot! Those are some awesome pictures you posted.
AZbowhntr not to brag but I can call as good as Troy. When you get that elk tag I guess I'll have to prove it to you.

Regards,
Steve

Nicely done! I learned a new appreciation for trophy sized goats this year. You definitely shot one in that category!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom