Fruita, Torrey area UT

Gator

Long Time Member
We came thru that area the other day and saw some really nice 4x4 bucks and a group of 7 bull elk(all had their sixth point) that all was about the same size. It looks like a pretty nice area to hunt in anyone on here hunt out that way.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

It doesn't count when they are standing under the apple trees ;-)

We saw some there too a couple of nice ones in fact, but far west up in the mountains we saw a lot more nice bucks and some really nice bulls that wasn't close to town or fields.
I would say we saw about 15 bucks that looked to be 3x3 or better.

Too bad its limited entry and the quality doesn't justify the points needed to draw, plus the waiting period.

is that part of Henrys or Elk ridge

ya all that area is limited draw for elk, ive seen some really nice bucks in teasdale on public land but ya wont see them move until its well after the sun goes down, and in there beds way before the sun rises. nocturnal bucks are usually big bucks.
DWR needs to produce more winter range for the deer heards
down in that area work somthing out with ranchers and farmers
stop developement on there winter ranges, I rember when I
was young seeing big bucks were all over from torrey to
antimony, The biggest buck ive ever seen was in widtsoe old escalante trail when I was 15 there was fifteen bucks all 160+ , my dad has a couple 200+ hanging in his garage from that area from back in the 80's, Down there scouting 4 years ago ranchers were droping deer like jack rabits and just floping them in the ditch with the tractor, its to bad ya really dont know what you are missing until it is gone, it was just like the henrys is now,
but its all about revenue for the DWR they dont really care about conserving habitat its about producing record
book deer and elk on there trophy limited draw areas, selling these tags to rich outofstaters, sure we produce some of the best
trophy big game in the country but you will pay for it or wait
ten years before ya draw,

They do have the making for some nice bucks in there we saw some good ones that evening.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom