Funny Thing

mossback50cal

Very Active Member
If you actually ask the people who guard the border, they say the wall works. Ask politicians in DC, they say it doesnt. Who should we believe?! Easy answer for anyone with even a percentage of a brain.

*We are all in the same boat, just
wishing to be hunting right now!*

Grizzly,

You can't reason with Trumpturds, they sold their souls to support his every whim and if you question them they will label you a liberal or anti American or what ever they are told to say next.

My own position is build the wall and then you can finally show Trump's Dumb Stooges that desperate people will still come here and stay illegally.

Nemont

Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other.

Okay then, forget the wall. How much would it cost to put "prohibido el paso" signs every 100' along the border?

you mean the same koch brothers who wanted to abolish the fbi, cia, public schools and social security.... sound like geniuses...

>you mean the same koch brothers
>who wanted to abolish the
>fbi, cia, public schools and
>social security.... sound like geniuses...
>
>
>*We are all in the same
>boat, just
>wishing to be hunting right now!*
>

So Trump is lying about the deep state? I can't keep up with what you Trumpturds believe and don't believe.

What did Trump tell you to believe today?

Oh that he personally gave out a contract to build 115 miles of the border wall in Texas. Funny stuff you can't get anywhere else.

Nemont

Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other.

>The conservative Cato Institute, founded by
>the Koch Foundation, disagrees with
>you. Do they have even
>a percentage of a brain?
>
>
>https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/why-wall-wont-work
>
>Grizzly

By "conservative" you mean desiring to flood millions in cheap labor into the US? Hard to believe the Koch Brothers are for that(I say as I purchase ocean front property in Arizona).

Sorry Grizz, but when a court, or some other group wants to do wildlife management, you and I are the first to jump in on "let biologists do their job".

Yet, for some reason on this issue, we want to let a DC think tank over rule actual border agents?

Your too smart my friend to let your distaste for trump over run your brain.

Walls work. They work in Israel, they work in Disneyland, they work at the capitol in DC.

The only think "technology" does is take pictures, and create head counts. A camera stops no one. A drone stops no one.

From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

The Koch's wanted to end the FBI and CIA etc because of the deep state that Trump lovers whine about, that is what.

Are the Koch Brothers and Trump both wrong about the deep state and it doesn't exist?

Nemont

Hoss, my comment wasn't on the genius of the Koch's or even the wall. It was merely showing the stupidity in claiming that everyone with a "percentage of a brain" (as the OP stated) thinks the same way.

I can't stand the Koch's, but I know that almost all Trumpkins love them... even Trump has tried to win their favor.

This discussion between you and I is a perfect example that people can agree on certain items and disagree on others. The Trumpkins demand absolute fealty to Trump, even when it violates the core principles they value. The problem with that is when they are shown examples of others they idolize offering a differing view.

According to many on this forum, because the Koch's don't want a wall they must be liberal Democrats who hate America and support Hillary.

My point was in showing the small-minded, short-sighted logic behind that viewpoint.

if you think there isn't bias and corruption, you are naive.

WTF are you talking about bias and corruption? I didn't mention either. Is there a deep state or isn't there?

Nemont

>Hoss, my comment wasn't on the
>genius of the Koch's or
>even the wall. It was
>merely showing the stupidity in
>claiming that everyone with a
>"percentage of a brain" (as
>the OP stated) thinks the
>same way.
>
>I can't stand the Koch's, but
>I know that almost all
>Trumpkins love them... even Trump
>has tried to win their
>favor.
>
>This discussion between you and I
>is a perfect example that
>people can agree on certain
>items and disagree on others.
>The Trumpkins demand absolute fealty
>to Trump, even when it
>violates the core principles they
>value. The problem with that
>is when they are shown
>examples of others they idolize
>offering a differing view.
>
>According to many on this forum,
>because the Koch's don't want
>a wall they must be
>liberal Democrats who hate America
>and support Hillary.
>
>My point was in showing the
>small-minded, short-sighted logic behind that
>viewpoint.

Ever stop to think perhaps you have read this wrong?

The circles in in are very pro trump for 2 reasons.

1. He sticks it to the DC, country club intellegencia every chance he gets, both sides. However they take more joy out of seeing the talking class, like Kristol and George Will be forced to ACTUALLY take a stand. Both were great at lectures, theory. Neither had the balls to FIGHT. That included Paul Ryan, and McConnell as well. Folks have grown sick of HEARING about big government, spending, abortion, guns, immigration, free trade, then watching ZERO be done on any of it. Folks I know will take anything over nothing.

2. Exposure of the media. He has single handed exposed the modern media for what it is, PROPAGANDA.

Granted, there are folks who have some moral conviction, but a huge majority, and hopefully growing bigger in regards to land, have simply come to the conclusion that if they can get just one issue, be it immigration, trade, regulation, anything, it was better than what they got before. Which with republicans, was just a soft democrat.

There is no perfect. You can have Mr Clean like Romney, who does nothing but talk. Or you can have an a hole who gets something done.we all saw the writing on the wall. Romney was useless vs Obama.

The country club put up Bush. No one wanted Clinton, and only one guy would take it to her.

I'm not a Trumpeter. I preferred Paul in the Primary. But given 2 choices and one being the singlehandedly most corrupt candidate ever, who ran on continuing the second most least effective presidency(carter is an easy #1), I went with trump.

And as its going now, Castro. Warren, Biden, Harris, there is zero choice but to go with him again.

I had hoped the tea party would have woke up the repubs,instead they focused their energy getting rid of them, vs pushing "repiblicanism"

It's intellectually dishonest to accuse folks of "giving up their principles". The repubs never fought for them.

>
>It's intellectually dishonest to accuse folks
>of "giving up their principles".
> The repubs never fought
>for them.

If you think that I'm going to concede that the Republicans never were a principled party, you're wrong because I'm not going to concede that.

Republicans used to be an aspirational party built on freedom and personal responsibility. That is no longer the case. And there is no better proof of that than Donald Trump and the people that trumpet his phantom successes.

The entire premise of this wall discussion is the Executive Branch usurping the authority of the Legislative Branch via school-yard bullying. The fact that the Republicans in the Senate won't even allow a vote on anything unless Trump approves it first is a total abdication of their Constitutional duties. Trump has the right to veto, and I respect that... but at least have the vote and follow the Constitution as it was designed.

And whether it is eventually passed via Trumps bullying or via Emergency Declaration, there will be hundreds, or thousands, of miles of private property taken against the will of the landowner via eminent domain. Whatever happened to the basic tenets of due process and private property rights?

My part in this discussion isn't even directed to the end result, its the means to get there that has no place in a party built upon freedom and respect for the Constitution given to us by our forefathers.

Grizzly

>>
>>It's intellectually dishonest to accuse folks
>>of "giving up their principles".
>> The repubs never fought
>>for them.
>
>If you think that I'm going
>to concede that the Republicans
>never were a principled party,
>you're wrong because I'm not
>going to concede that.
>
>Republicans used to be an aspirational
>party built on freedom and
>personal responsibility. That is no
>longer the case. And there
>is no better proof of
>that than Donald Trump and
>the people that trumpet his
>phantom successes.
>
>The entire premise of this wall
>discussion is the Executive Branch
>usurping the authority of the
>Legislative Branch via school-yard bullying.
>The fact that the Republicans
>in the Senate won't even
>allow a vote on anything
>unless Trump approves it first
>is a total abdication of
>their Constitutional duties. Trump has
>the right to veto, and
>I respect that... but at
>least have the vote and
>follow the Constitution as it
>was designed.
>
>And whether it is eventually passed
>via Trumps bullying or via
>Emergency Declaration, there will be
>hundreds, or thousands, of miles
>of private property taken against
>the will of the landowner
>via eminent domain. Whatever happened
>to the basic tenets of
>due process and private property
>rights?
>
>My part in this discussion isn't
>even directed to the end
>result, its the means to
>get there that has no
>place in a party built
>upon freedom and respect for
>the Constitution given to us
>by our forefathers.
>
>Grizzly

f you think that I'm going to concede that the Republicans never were a principled party, you're wrong because I'm not going to concede that

When? Reagan? My friend. McConnell predates Trump. Ryan as well. What principles did they stand on? Spending? Regulation reform? What?
Abortion still legal. Obama care still here. Where in the era since Regan? Gingrich? Where?

30 votes to overturn Obama care. Until they are in power. Then what?

Hundreds of speaches on spending. How's the debt.?

Billions of fund raising dollars on Abortion. How's that going?

Medicare expansion?

Like I said. They talk a good game. They preach. Truth is they live being in the minority, then they don't have to ACTUALLY govern.

As for not voting. McConell has no constitutional demand that says he must bring every bill for vote.

As for eminant domain. Where did the republicans fight that?

I get folks don't like the style. But who cares. At the end of the day, Trump is the most conservative ACTION president in your lifetime.

Another Republican had a chance to stop this. Instead he granted Amnesty. Guess law and order aren't ACTUALLY PRACTICED?

Actions speak louder than words

LAST EDITED ON Jan-15-19 AT 09:33AM (MST)[p]
Republicans used to be an aspirational party built on freedom and personal responsibility. That is no longer the case. And there is no better proof of that than Donald Trump and the people that trumpet his phantom successe

Shall you and I drive down to Camp Williams and see what "freedom" looks like? Shall we discuss the rest of that freedom creating Patriot Act? And Bush was a "nice guy", right?

Again. The question isn't do you like Trump.

The question is does a wall work. Simple answer is yes. You can quote think tanks. I can show ACTUAL proof. Israel, Hungary, etc.

Next, do we have a crisis. Without a doubt.

Third.Has EVERYONE in the debate agrees a wall is the solution? Yup, on the record.

So. What is the issue?

The issue is democrats can't let trump have his #1 campaign promise.

Grizz. This is the fight. You can sit in the Kato Institute and discuss intellectual purity all day. But theory and governing are entirely different subjects.

On one side you have an open boarders party.

With Trump he's trying to stop that.

There is no 3rd option.

"Bullying" is a snowflake term. This is big boy politics. Its nothing new. Its just the first time the republicans haven't tucked tail and run. It seems odd to me too. That's how things always played out previous

Hoss, you said about 30 questionable things in your last two posts and I don't have the time, or care, to address them all.

You and I agree on certain things, this obviously isn't one of them.

Grizzly

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom