Future Shed Heads

berto

Very Active Member
Just thought i'd share a pic or two of my up-and-coming shed head offspring...look out everyone cuz believe me they are stiff competition ;-)

First, their first-ever muley sheds (yes, it was a cold day and the girls forgot their coats at home so we improvised with what Daddy (me) had floating around the pick-up :))

kidswithfirstevermuleysheds.jpg

The second time out was a waaaay nicer day, but of course, nice days don't always result in finding more sheds!

kidswithfinds.jpg

Hope this post brings us all back to what life is all about given the recent, somewhat heated ATV threads.

Peace

looks like a fun crew you got wish mine were that young yet
or maybe the grandkids that big either way they are more fun before age 11

Aaron,

Your son sure has grown since I seen him, looks like the whole family is into the outdoors too, congrats.

That day we were at your house, I remember sitting there and he woke up and came out and just climbed right up on the couch and sat next to me like I was part of the family. Never forget that day, wonderful kids that you have.

Brian

Thanks Brian. Logan's health is doing very well these days. I think he has almost completely outgrown the digestive tract problem, but I won't stop thanking God and praying it stays that way anytime soon!

You know it warms a parent's heart to hear others say positive things about their kids...but if my kids were always little angels they wouldn't know the meaning of the word "no". believe me my kiddos know what that word means, although they don't always respond to it :)

Take care

Very nice Aaron! I took my girls out once each and all we found were ticks in late feb early march. Got a new kid backpack so I will have to use it soon! Some of my areas are just a bit to rough for the girls. Saturday I did manage 5 elk antlers with a friend. He posted some pictures on shedantlers.org. See if I can get the link.
Jeff

Jeff,

oh yeah, I remember the days of carrying my kids around in a kid-pack, it wasn't that long ago! My oldest is now 8 and youngest will turn 4 this weekend. And I also have to be careful to take them to easy places, just as i do my wife :)

I looked at your link, and i have to say:

1) get yourself a set of inexpensive ($24.94) two-way radios from wally world to save you yelling to your partner from the next ridge over :)

2) get back in that spot ASAP to find those matches, and this time start hiking at the crack of dawn instead of 1pm!

I took my wife out looking for headbones last saturday and we had some fun. Yes, we went without the kids and the sitter was expensive, but we only do this one day each year. It was sunny, warm, but windy as he11! We were looking for elk sheds, but ended up finding only muleys. She found the first one and i found the next seven :eek: i'm not sure if she has forgiven me for that yet. :)

Later

Thats funny, should look into the radios.
I dont think I could ever get my wife out looking for sheds no matter how easy I made it! I'll give it a try though.
It is like pulling teeth to get to go sheddin so I go when I can. Oh yes I would like to find the matches, its crazy of all the elk antlers we picked up not one was a match of the other. We did do some small grid and circle searches but came up empty or would find another single!! Oh well..I'll take them how I find'em!
Jeff

Great Post Berto,

Just a little warning-enjoy every minute with them cause it doesn't take long for them grow up. Here'sa couple pics of my shed Heads and after they grew uphttp://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/446328ef0764c6ff.jpghttp://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/4463292d079a0bd8.jpghttp://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/4463292d079a0bd8.jpg

Longun,

yes, i have been warned about this and do enjoy them alot every day.

i don't see your pics but would like to so please try posting them again.

Berto,
Great pics! Thanks for sharin, you can tell they love going hikin with dad. We have to enjoy this time and make it as fun as possible. In a blink of an eye they will be sixteen!

My girls are 9 and 7 and they love the outdoors! The nine year old has already taken a nice three point buck and three turkeys!But more important is that she truly loves hunting. She has found several small deer and elk sheds but what she really wants now is a big matched set of elk antlers! Watch out Littlefoot there is a new generation of shedheads comin up!

groundhog,

yeah, my oldest (8 years) is already talking about how great it would be to find a big 6-pt elk shed :)

no hunting for them here until they are 12, so i haven't had the pleasure of taking any of them for their first real hunt yet...it'll come with time. the closest i have come was two seasons ago i took my oldest on my antelope hunt and she was right there with me from start to finish :)

bertos2004antelope.jpg

Wow! Great pic of the antelope hunt! Thats too bad you have to wait until they are twelve. Thats cool that you are taking them on your hunts and getting them out there anyway. We have some youth hunts here in Washington for turkeys and deer that are really good for the kids. I also think it is important to remember that these kids are the biggest factor in the future of hunting. Thanks for sharin the pics those are memories that will last a life time for you and your kids!

Longun,

Mike send the pictures to me and I will post them for you, but hurry as I have lots to do as I am leaving for Las Vegas this Sat. morning and won't be back for a week.

Brian

4468d6007704b8f9.jpg

Here is one pic of a matched set my daughter and I found this past season. I have some more pics of her sheds, but am having a little trouble posting them, so enjoy for now.

dang, that is a heavy bugger...

tell morgan congrats from me and that my kids would be envious if they knew she already had a set like that in her collection :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom