FYI!!!!! 45K Wild Horses to be Killed

TALLBUCK. THAT IS ONE OF THE STUPIDEST AND WORSE WRITTEN ONE SIDED PILE OF CRAP I HAVE SEEN!!!

The truth is this... Currently there are nearing 60,000 wild horses in the west. This is 300% of the federal number/goal of 26,000. The horses are grossly overpopulated and absolutely destroying the habitat.

Currently there are nearly 50,000 additional horses in BLM ran holding pins. The cost of housing such animals is easily over $50,000,000 a year. Added to the cost of managing the HMA and doing round ups and the constant b.s. lawsuits from the horse lovers. The BLM is in a horrible unsustainable down ward spiral. They can not trap enough horses to keep populations in check. they have too many in holding facilities and they have no hope of the problem getting any better.

The BLM managers want the ability to manage the horses at the set level (26,000) spread across all HMA. They however get totally bogged down by lawsuits, studies, comment periods, etc.

The board formed was not a government group but was a 9 member pannel that was charged with looking at the issue and making recommendations.

The board was actually very horse freindly, the CEO of the Cloud Foundation, A biologist and Independent Film Director, and others were pro horse. It also had range managers, biologist etc.

In the end the group recommended that the BLM strongly consider euthanasia as an option for horses living in the pins and that are not getting adopted.

Sadly the group stopped short of recommending lethal population controls in the HMAs.

As for the article the very first line was so full of crap I did not read anymore. this has nothing to do with cattle.

That article was very one sided. There are obvious persuasion from groups like hsus ( our ENEMY ) in the writing. "The federal government to kill our last remaining wild horses". This is total bs and feeds retardation of people that won't look into facts for themselves. Want to fix the problem? Open season on them and let the state game agencies regulate the population. I'll bet horse is damn good! And I own 3 horses.

>It's actually a little sweet and
>makes a good burger.

It Ain't PC anymore to Make Glue out of em!

WTF did you Think was gonna Happen?

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

Somebody get ahold of T Boone Pickens Wife & Quick!

Maybe she can take another 45,000 Horses!

way with Words[/font]

Finally! When I lived in Nevada more horses were seen than deer,elk, and antelope combined. We have allowed this to happen through inaction.

>Finally! When I lived in Nevada
>more horses were seen than
>deer,elk, and antelope combined. We
>have allowed this to happen
>through inaction.

I hope they really do cut that many. It's bad the habitat is suffering as well as wildlife and the ranchers.

Agreed 100% on the one sided article.

Being that I have wild mustangs and they do have a spot in my heart I do believe that they are un regulated. Not by the BLM but their hands are tied due to Wild Horse Groups and litigation and all the political crap going on behind the scenes.

I feel they need to be managed just as much as elk, deer, antelope, mt lions and other NATIVE species. Do they have a place here, sure but that is very debatable. Most are not the native breeds that came over with the spanish. They are stock horses that escaped or let go by farmers and ranchers over the past 200 years....

They are cool to see but cause a lot of damage and I applaud the BLM for taking a stand this way... Especially with the older horses that have been off the range for years. Honestly what quality of life is that???

Tallbuck1

I applaud the decision and hope the enviro's don't come up with some lame assed law suit to stop them from enforcing the Wild Horse and Burro Act. If the wild horse lovers like them so much then maybe they need to adopt a lot more than they have been in recent years.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

I think they should plan on killing the prescribed number and anyone who complains or protests is awarded one (1) wild horse for which they must care. Pretty soon these eco-terrorists would come to grips with the problem (which they created).

Zeke

>>Finally! When I lived in Nevada
>>more horses were seen than
>>deer,elk, and antelope combined. We
>>have allowed this to happen
>>through inaction.
>
>
>I hope they really do cut
>that many. It's bad the
>habitat is suffering as well
>as wildlife and the ranchers.
>

JUDAS ox!

Do You Realize How Much Sage Brush 45,000 Wild Horses can Destroy?

I Thought You'd be the Last Person on Earth Not wanting the Wild Horses Eradicated!

WTH?

way with Words[/font]

Not very many treehuggers lining up to pick them up, where's the peta parade of horse trailers? I'll sell the peta folks all of the hay they can afford

The dodo report recommends contacting the Secretary of the Interior and letting her know our feelings on the subject. We should do just that. 45,000 empty pens makes room for a pretty big round up.

"You can fly a helicopter to the top of Everest and say you've been there. The problem with that is you were an a$$hole when you started and you're still an a$$hole when you get back.
Its the climb that makes you a different person". - Yvon Chouinard

Here's her e-mail:

[email protected]

and the text of my e-mail to her:

Secretary Jewell,

I urge you to support the euthanasia proposal for wild horses currently being held in BLM pens. These horses are not desirable for adoption and have a terrible quality of life. Its time we treat these animals appropriately and end their confinement humanely. I also urge you to instruct the BLM to follow the THE WILD FREE-ROAMING HORSES AND BURROS ACT OF 1971 by reducing the number of wild horses to the number established as appropriate for the carrying capacity of the rangelands they occupy which has been determined to be 26,000 animals.

"You can fly a helicopter to the top of Everest and say you've been there. The problem with that is you were an a$$hole when you started and you're still an a$$hole when you get back.
Its the climb that makes you a different person". - Yvon Chouinard

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom