G&F Dir. Lane - gone!

Sounds like a personal decision. I wish him the best.

That article is typical of the trash SF reporter publishes.

Kind of old news but there is a bunch of stuff on my website... it is ugly.. They canned him quickly without even a thank you, look at the release. The release is on my website. We are trying to find out info but can't find anything.

The commission called a special meeting everyone but Arvis was there... Lane wasn't there either. Dan Brooks opened the meeting then they went into closed session and they spent 2 hours behind closed doors, they came out saying that Lane was fired and RJ was interim and then they scattered not answering any questions or giving ANY feedback.

After the firing they is some strange stuff that happened... Basically, the commission jumped over the 2nd in command(Brooks) and gave the job to RJ.. Well, RJ has been convicted of Hunter Harassment and it very polarizing but has been inline with OF,LO,etc... Not sure why they would even go there.

We have asked over and over again why Lane was canned without even a thank you but we are getting nothing.

I have also asked all the commissioners that I can get ahold of why did they put in RJ(Convicted Hunter Harasser) and they just give me some goofy non-answer.

It really looks like the commission is distancing themselves VERY QUICKLY... IMO something big happened. It will come out, Lane was/is also involved with some sort of litigation when he was working in Kentucky so it MIGHT be tied to that..

I want to stress that nobody is taking pleasure in this.... it is ugly and at the end hunters are going to get the short end of the stick because it might impact a lot of things.

He is currently looking for jobs and it was not his call... He was fired and it was not a personal decision.

J-

Hey jamaro,

Just out of curiosity, where do you get your information? I've heard and read completly different stories about Lane, emphasizing that he quit, but maybe I heard wrong..please let me know, Thanks!

GG

Smoked a bit..Turbo lit..and that was it..

A couple of different "sources".

I watched the web meeting.
The NMWF had a few people at the meeting. I have talked to several of the Commissioners and PR People from the Dept. I did get a standard "spend more time with family" response that didn't match anything else that happened.

I have also talked to several reporters that have contacted me and I am getting nothing.

Look at the press release, we have had Dir's that have poached,trespassed, and violated laws and the Commission have always stood by them and gave them a nice sending away. The name of the doc is "Lane Gone"... that says a lot.

I also asked if there was going to be a statement from Lane.. and the Dept and Commissioners bluntly said. "NO".

Lane is looking for a job and has been putting feelers out... I am sure that his people are trying to put a spin on this.... If he did quit he would have made some sort of public statement, so he could line himself up for his next job. Right now he is just letting it ride.

BTW I forgot to mention at the Special Meeting they had there were lawyers from SPO that had been called in a few times.

There is something big that happened but nobody is talking, I suspect because there is some sort of litigation that is happening...

OR are you talking about the RJ and the Hunter Harassment case? THAT is what people should be fired up about.

People should be fired up about RJ getting the job. Talk about a pompous ass!!! Over the years I have run into this guy and I always leave that meeting thinking how is this guy working here. He is very fast to accuse and not one to ask a clarifying question. I was down at the NMDGF asking about a unit boundary one time and I felt he was going to charge me with trespassing and poaching before I even got down to the unit.

I kinda get fired up about the deal with the NMDGF management, but then I come to the realization that the NMDGF and the game commission will always be a joke.

My understanding is there was a serious lack of leadership and respect from his peers to the point that many were/are looking into early retirement, putting a already manpower depleted dept in a bind. A mutiny of sorts.

Most of the talk was that NM has the only Wildlife director in the country without a wildlife degree of any kind (not sure if that's true) also a general feeling that Mr Lane would bankrupt the dept in less then three years.

Would have to agree with Rabid on our NM dept of Chaos

Well if you look at what New Mexico has done with its tag and draw structure, it is basically the least desired western state for non-residents to apply for. Good for residents, bad for game and fish budgets....I have a feeling constant chaos is going to be a theme for New Mexico's game and fish as the budget shrinks and shrinks and those in charge struggle to make it all work.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom