G3 SEASON

YukonDall

Long Time Member
ANYBODY GETTING EXCITED ABOUT G3 BUCKS YET....ITS A WAYS OFF. MY BUDS HAVE DRAWN 3 OF THE TAGS....I CANT WAIT TO GO TAKE A LOOK AT THE PROSPECTS/UNIT, HOPE I SNOWS HERE IN CALI REAL SOON.....YD. (NICKMAN WE WILL BE IN TOUCH SOON).

Wow! talk about a great hunt to get some nice bucks! I'd be excited if going on that hunt. Even as an extra pair of eyes and a hand around camp, sounds like fun and a great place to be.

Haven't heard much from Nickman for awhile now. Been wondering how the crew of buds he was helping did?

Joey

That would be the hunt of a lifetime for me, but I keep on burnin my pref. points on hunts that I can draw. Good luck to the lucky few with that tag!.......Pray for snow..... I,m looking forward to photographing those bucks this winter.

Last I heard, Nickman was still in re-hab. I hope he pulls through. He's been fighting for quite a while now.

My wife and I have the G3 tag. I have been waiting, hoping, praying for some weather and it looks like it is trying to get started. The forecast is calling for snow down to 7,500 feet. Good start anyway. It has been killing me waiting this late to go hunting, my friends all got back from Wyoming with lots of stories and all I can do is sit and listen. I have a contact in Independence that will be doing some pre scouting for me. I will call him today to check the snow levels. You can only make so many trips to the range. I will roll in the week before the season opens to start scouting, can't wait! Taking my wife to the range today for practice shooting with her new shooting stick.
Bigmass

new weather report says snow it going to be way north of G3!
still going to be tough! (nor-central Ca!)
Mass...you and your wife have tag's?
so one an hold out to last minute and eat the tag if it don't pan out!
beware to many trips to the range can condition you and put a not good twist into situational shooting!
good luck
rm

LAST EDITED ON Nov-03-08 AT 01:58PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-03-08 AT 01:56?PM (MST)

Small report......

We got three days of snow on the Sierra, but today it is 85 degrees again, so I doubt many bucks will move off the Kern Plateau and out of the parks.

The winter range is as good as it has been for several years and there should be no problems for the deer that need to feed between the 4000' to 7000' range this winter.

We will need some colder weather to spur up the migration and the rut, but it is way warm for November right now.

The bottom could drop out of the thermometer on Thanksgiving and create a G3 hunt of quality proportion.....did that in '93 and '97 and up until Thanksgiving we were hunting quail and chuckar in T-shirts.

Pretty much have to wait and see. I haven't figgured out how to predict or influence Mother Nature.

I will keep you guys posted and will be looking forward to meeting all who head this way in December. PM me if you want to get the free tour. I want everyone to fill their tag and I will do all I can to help.

I have been hunting with different groups of friends almost full time since September 1st. Lots of days, I haven't felt real good, but I can feel bad in the woods or the desert as well as at home in bed.

Fortunately, I have many good friends who have gone out of their way to have me along. Been to New Mexico and Utah and still have a trip to Santa Rosa Island this year. It has been a GREAT season so far. I have even managed a few days affield with the Lab and the Brit, so life is GOOD!

Thanks for the weather update Nicman. It sounds encouraging! Being drawn for this hunt is incredible but the wait is killing me. It is nice to get current status reports, they are very appreciated.
Bigmass

HEY NICKMAN....GLAD YOUR FEELIN A BIT BETTER & BEEN OUT & ABOUT. MY BUDDY & I GET BACK FROM THE KAIBAB LATE DEER HUNT ABOUT THE FIRST OF DECEMBER, DONT KNOW IF WE WILL BE IN G3 ON THE 6TH OR NOT....DEPENDS ON THE WEATHER. THANKS FOR THE WEATHER REPORT, I BET THIS WILL BE A GREAT YEAR FOR SNOW. WE WILL SORT OF NEED A PLACE TO MEET YOU & BE STEERED TO A PLACE TO CAMP. I WILL BE THE COOK & BEER GUY IN OUR CAMP......YOUR INVITED !!!! I'LL BE IN TOUCH......THANKS.....YD.

G3 update....30 November.

WE got good snow last week and deer REALLY poured out of the high country on Friday.

Probably looked at 100 bucks in the 3x and 4x range. We call them "dead deer walkin'", as at least 15 of them won't make 10AM on opening day.

Nothing real special yet.

The damn weather is not cooperating, I have every window in the house open and I live at 4800'.

The snow is melting fast and we are still driving on roads that should have 2' of snow on them by this date.

The rut is in full swing and I doubt many deer will go back up too far, but it needs to turn cold soon to turn off the high country food supply.

We will just have to wait and see what happens.

Good luck to all of you with the tag.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom