G5 PRIME BOWS

blazingsaddle

What do you think about the new cam system?

It makes sense in my head, by limiting cam lean, you have a truer centershot, less stress on limbs, all equalling more accuracy and forgiveness.
I believe it will be very easy to tune and keep tuned as well.
Overall look of the bow is good. I can't wait to shoot one, or possibly buy one. I wonder how the draw, wall, and hand shock is?
To get 332 ft/sec with a 7.25 BH, is not too shabby either.

I do hate to buy the first year of any drastic new design changes though.

I'm intrigued too! The concept is right on, and what has been missing in most bows to date IMO. I just wonder if the execution of such an idea will pan out in reality. I must say though, I am glad to see a bow company come up with something truly new and innovative. I think it started with Bowtech bringing about the flexible roller guard to reduce horizontal nock travel. This takes that worthwhile concept to the next level. Bow companies forever have been trying to figure out how to eliminate vertical nock travel, it's about time they worked on the horizontal.

cant wait to try one

I think they look awesome and are steps ahead of the other bows out

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

The harder you work the luckier you get!!

>Does anybody know of a pro
>shop on the Wasatch Front
>that has this bow?
>I wouldn't mind shooting it.
>

hey no kidding, how about for us guys down south? I'd love to shoot the thing as well. The Primal is an awesome shooter and if its better than that they gotta winner.

I was checking out Dartin?s new line of bows also. Nearly the same design in the cams but opposite. The dual cable to keep equal force on the cams and prevent cam lean is on the compression cable instead of the string. This design reduces the twin cam mass on the outer diameter and has it on the inside instead, claim to have a 342 to 350 IBO. Other than that it is very much the same design that Bowtech bows have on their 2005 Allegiance cams with the binary system.

GBA

LAST EDITED ON Nov-24-10 AT 09:57AM (MST)[p]I was able to shoot one of these this week. The G5 rep came and Jakes Archery was kind enough to allow me to be there as the rep made his pitch.
I only shot 6 or so arrows from it. But overall it was to be expected as a top end bow. It was smooth drawing, great wall, and little hand shock. To say it is better than any other bow is tough. It is well balanced too. There are so many great bows now. But it is one of these great bows.
One down side, is that the shooter can see the cables through the peep at full draw, due to the flexing cable guard. I am sure that after a day or two shooting it, you would not notice them.

G5 will sell many of these based only on looks. The G-fade is an eye catcher, fit and finish is top notch as well. I would love to spend some more time with this bow and shoot it at longer distances to see how the cam system really plays. I believe the technology is sound.
G5 has a winner in this bow, they will do well with it IMHO.

The rep said some bow shops will have these in by Christmas, if ordered before the show. If they are ordered after the show, it could take a month or more. They are gearing up for a huge turn at the show.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom