G5 Tekan Broadhead

Bocephus

Just wondering if anybody knows why G5 quit making this head. I've shot it since they first came out and love it on all sized game. I'm running short, so if anybody has some they would like to sell I would be interested or where you could possibly find them other than Ebay? Thanks in advance for any info!

Why, you ask? Do you think it was their propensity to open in flight? Or was it them opening in your quiver? Or maybe because you couldn't practice with them?

I saw a buddy shoot one on a Kansas hunt and that arrow cartwheeled to the target- one blade opened. Couple days later, He lost a 161" buck on a layup shot [ex ASA shooter- pretty solid]- was it the head- not sure but a possibility.

Before you chew my azz out tell me this- that you practice with them regularly and they work flawlessly every time with never a bent blade.......my fixed heads do that.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-05-12 AT 07:30PM (MST)[p]I never asked opinion of the heads, just a general question as if they are still available or if anybody has some they would like to get rid of. I've always had great luck with them and have killed elk, deer, antelope and bear with them. They always performed flawlessly. If your buddy has any left over let me know! I did practice with them, you can put practice blades in them and they always flew right with my field points. Sorry to hear your buddy had a bad experience with them. That is a great buck to lose, I take it somebody else killed it to put a tape on it to come up with an exact 161"? What fixed blade you shoot just out of curiosity?

I have practice blades for my tekkan's that don't open and I have practiced with those. (Every pack came with a set of practice blades) I never had a problem with them opening in flight and it definately punches right through...AKA: its a great penetrating broadhead! I would recommend it for elk, but not turkeys. I have several packets, but won't sell em. I don't know why they quit making them. The new T3 must be its replacement, but I am not sure why its would be better.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom