Gaiters.....who uses them?

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I don't own a pair but wondering if they do the job keeping boots dryer while hunting in the snow? Thoughts on them? Camofire has a pair of Kings gaiters for $35. Thought that is cheap enough to have on hand if needed.

I don't own a pair but wondering if they do the job keeping boots dryer while hunting in the snow? Thoughts on them? Camofire has a pair of Kings gaiters for $35. Thought that is cheap enough to have on hand if needed.

Those weather pros aren't very good.

The xkg ones for $55 are good gaiters. I'm a little tall so it helps with shorter pants.

My youngest is always cold, helps with that

I think they'd be good to have just in case....We spend money on lots of other more expensive gear that is not needed. This seems like a necessity for later hunts at least.

Love them! Using the kings one and like them so far. I ran them all last season in idaho and here on my late hunt.

I wear the above the ankle boot top during the dry summer/early fall seasons and then I go to the Kings knee high size for cold and for snow hunts.

Yeah, Kings have gotten so much better over the years.

Robb

What he said.
I never really used them until this year when knee high grass was real wet in September.
Had to borrow some. I will now own some.

I use them quite a bit. Keeps stuff out of my boots, keeps the laces tied and keeps them from snagging on stuff. Keeps the snow out, and the pant legs dry. I have sitka ones that I really like. They're the only ones I've ever owned, so I can't speak to other ones.

Just checked on Amazon. They sell lots of gaiters....even Outdoor Research brand. I think come mid-October, I'll buy a pair and then return them before the 30 day return policy is up. LOL

Use them for years now. Wet grass in mornings or snowy hunts. Keeps your pants dry and from wicking water up them.

Usually wear them over a pair of waterproof pants when in snow that is much over 6 inches deep.

This. Anything besides OR expeditions are junk.
I need a pair of gaiters I believe I will go with OR Expeditions .
I would much rather take advice from someone that is always using them, than take advice from someone that is always putting others down.
I have a cousin like that he always was telling everyone what a piece of crap their trucks were, but you know it was always his truck that was broke down.

If you do any serious hiking, I think gaiters are a necessity. I wore a pair of light weight Altras over my trail runners when I hiked the CDT (3,000 miles) last year. They went a long way to keeping the dust, rocks, sticks, etc., from working their way into my shoes and irritating my feet. I think they're a way to help prevent blisters.

I also like to wear my Kenetrek gaiters over my Kenetreks while bushwacking and stream crossing. Again, the whole point is to keep debris and water out of my boots. Happy feet make for much happier hiking.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom