Game Bags

I sew up 7 or 8 new bags a year. I go down to the local fabric store and buy a few yds of muslin, it's dirt cheap. I sew up my bags so they're about the same as a pillow case. They will carry more boned out meat than you can carry. When I'm done with them I just toss them.

When I'm elk hunting I pack 5 bags at all times that way I can bone the entire elk on the spot. For deer I carry 2 but generally only need 1.

The only down fall is the trip to the fabric store or the rare occasion when your buddies catch you infront of the sewing machine...

Coon

The more people I meet the more I like my dogs

I'm a massage therapist. I save up my old massage sheets and sew bags out of them. Generally 36"X48". At the end of the season I toss them.

Go to Goodwill or some thrift store and buy pillow cases. They usually cost $0.50-1.00. Leave the sewing to the women. :)

Use the search feature and type in game bags. There is a similar post about game bags authored by Elkohunter that has a little more info game bags that you don't have to sew. Personally I'm a fan of the Alaskan game bags, until I find something lighter and better.

I have used several different types and keep coing back to the four pack that is sold at Wal Mart for $8. They are very durable and very lightweight as well. I use two for a muley and don't know for elk as they seem to disappear when hunting season starts.

I'd vote for the Alaskan Game bags as well. I reuse them and they are also light enough to pack one. I also like the real heavy canvas-type bags (not sure of the brand) as they last forever and you also just wash them. I like the Alaskan bags a bit more as they provide better air circulation especially in warmer weather conditions for early hunts.

well after this talk awhile back I went with some pillow cases. much to my surprise they will hold more then I can hold. cheep, lite so I thing I will keep using them.

We just use old pillow cases, hold plenty of meat and once you get done with em just throw em in the washer.

I have used TAG bags from Pristine Ventures in Alaska. They're tough, ultra-lightweight, nylon bags that are reusable and washable. I've been using them for about 4 years now, and have only thrown away two due to bones tearing holes in them. At around $50 for 5, I would recommend them for serious, lightweight,backpack hunting. If you're road hunting, just use the cheap ones, pillow cases, etc.

My friends and I all use "Alaska Game Bags" that are sold by Cabelas'. You get a pack of four for $10.00. We have used them on six hunts that all reqiered us to pack out deboned animals. Total of seven elk and two Caribeu. Bags worked perfect. Can be easly washed and reused mutiple times.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom