Game Meat Processing Unit 161?

AZMZHunter

I have an Antelope tag for unit 161 near Walden, Co. The season starts 10-6-07. Does anybody know of any game meat preocessors in the area?

Corkles grocery store might still have a meat locker
but it's just to hang the meat.
Your next closest processor would be Fort Collins if you head that way.

Most of the meat processors in Colorado are kinda high dollar.100 dollars for an antelope is common. I Pack them in a cooler with dry ice and drive home and do my own processing.The last time I checked ,a cow elk cost $250,packing it on ice and driving back to michigan and get it processed for $100.
If I do not process my own,I will bring it home to a local processor I trust to do a good job.

Rem308

Wow! you got robbed I've never payed over $125 for a full elk in my life.
Deer and antelope usually run about $40 where I take my meat.
The only time these prices get higher is,if you order all the
special sausage types they offer or jerky or something to that
effect.

The grocery store in Walden will hang meat, $25 for 3 days (rip-off); from Walden head 9 miles north on 125 to Cowdrey, turn left @ big white building (can't miss it), go 1.5 miles to the Silver Spur Ranch - Big Horn Unit, on left with big red barn. There is a guy there that does processing for the ranch; reasonable with decent turn around time. I had my moose & elk done there a couple weeks ago.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom