Game processing in SLC or ?

thepenquin

Where do my fellow Utards take there deer/elk to get chopped up in the valley. I'm not going to have time to do it, got more huntin to do! Don't mind taking somewhere outside of SL if it's worth it.

Any suggestions, opinions, good/bad experiences appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Not sure i want to be labeled a "Utard", i've tried my hardest to get away from the basic nimrodding.

But to answer your question....i and the outfitter i work for use "Sunbow" in Lindon Utah. They do a fantastic job and the prices are excellent.

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

my familly has been using clay myers forever they do and excelent job. they do all vacum packing and the meat keeps for years. plus they are one of the few meat cutters that use your own personal meat for ground meat which is good since some people take poor care of there meat.

KTC turned me onto Carson this year and they did a good job. I don't like Clay's...drop your deer off with the 100's of others and get back who knows what 3-4 weeks later....

I agree with gdog. Clay Meyers was who finally determined me to start cutting up and processing my own meat. Don't get me wrong they have a nice place over there but I just don't think you always get your own meat back and some people just don't know how to take care of their meat on the mountain therefore I only want my meat that has been taken care of the right way.
redelkarcher>>>------------------>

Whatever you do, don't use Fords in Provo!!

Carson's are great, i have known that family for years & years.
They do great with slow elk (beef) too when ya run out of wild game.

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

I used Clay Meier in Draper for an elk I took on the archery hunt early this fall, and was impressed. I've heard the rumors about not getting your own meat back, etc. etc., but I was impressed with the shop, as well as the way my meat was taken care of and packaged. (All vacumn-sealed.) They had it done quickly, and the price seemed reasonable.

I used Clay Myers *ONCE* when I was younger and never will again. I didnt get back *ANY* meat... ZERO! NADA!!!! ZILCH!!! They said they would call when its done... no-one called. I finally called up and asked them WTF is going on and they said "Oh Sorry, we've already given out all of our deer meat for the year!!". They generously said they would knock $2 a lb off some beef if I wanted to *BUY* some of that.

Had I been older / more confident, I shoulda raised hell with them over it. Ah well. Ditto on Carsons though, great people to work with and they do a terrific job.

-DallanC

DallenC's story proves right there you don't get your own meat.
They along with a couple others just give you an "average" so everyone has equal shares and that's not right.

When i picked up my elk and deer from Sunbow last week, he had a hard time finding my deer cuz it had been there for a month in the freezer and was buried. He finally found it and it was still in it's own original marked with my name box and crate with hard freeze dried blood on it. That told me right there he didn't just toss in a bunch of meat from everyone elses boxes just to get me out there door.

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

Meier's also brought my meat out in a crate with my name on it, so I'm fairly confident I got my own meat. I made some special requests with it as well, which were taken care of nicely. It's not like I'm Clay Meier's fan club president or anything like that, I just see them getting drug through the mud quite a bit and I had a good experience. I'm interested to try Carson's in American Fork though, now that I'm living in Utah County.

Gary's meats in Payson. I know it is a little out of the way but they are the best in the state!

I have had good luck with Hunsaker's on 3500 S 'an about 6000 west.
I had 'em slice up a critter last year, very nice job, just as ordered.
Through the years they have done elk and deer for me.
I'll do 'em again if I don't have time to do it myself.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom