Game processor suggestions

Rodzilla_v

Can anybody recommend a game processor/Butcher to take an Antelope buck/Doe to -in or near Lander? I am driving from out of state, and will be hunting Antelope for a week. What would be a good price to pay? What would be an average turn around time? Would I have to pay an expedited fee to get it in and out in a few days?
I am hoping to get my buck near the begining of the week, not sure what I'll do after that, but that is why I also bought a left over doe tag. My thoughts are get a buck first - drop it at a butcher in Lander, go back and get a doe a few days later, then drive back to Lander to pick up the buck, and take care of the doe at home the next Day.

First time to WY, so any suggestions would be appreciated. I can't wait!! Sage grouse season is open the first few Days of my hunt, would it be worth giving them a try (heard they taste like dirt)? I guess it all depends on if I get my buck early.

ROD,

When I hunted out of LaBarge, WY two years ago and got mine, I cleaned it up really good and early the next morning I drove down to Green River there on I-80...about 70-75 miles south.
Got there early that morning and he said he would have it ready for me the next morning but partial frozen as not enough time since I planned to leave to head back to Kali.
It was ready when I got there all cut, wrapped and partially frozen do to the time allowed. I drove to Evanston and bought DRY ICE and headed home with a night over at Elko, NV
STILL FROZEN and best eating meat so far.

So if it is not too far for you at 135 maybe two hours drive, go to this place:
R&B MEATS
515 E. 2nd North Street
Green River, WY
307-875-2556

Good luck on your hunt......there should be some places around Lander with all of the Antelope Hunters over the years there.
There was one I think on the west side of Lander I looked at one time when we hunted up out of Shoshoni, WY.
Go to Google.com and type in Game Processors in Lander and it should give you a list for area.

Brian

Thanks for the response Brian, thats exactly what I was looking for! I am trying not to over plan my trip, but I want to make sure I cover the bases. Thanks again!

I am going to debone and put my animals on ice inmy cooler.Last year in Casper they charged me $78 to cut wrap and freeze one antelope.To much money for a goat for me.

Rod,

I would recommend JB's out of Lander http://www.jbswildwyoming.com. Easy to find on main street. They might be viewed as a bit pricey but a fast, quality turn around (normally 2 days, however they may turn it in a day with a little extra fee). They've processed over 15 antelope for myself, maybe 50 or 60 or so for our group over the last 12 years and we haven't been disappointed yet. Great people.

p.s. If you've never hunted Antelope keep your gun in it's case the first day!!! When you finaly figure the game out and tip your buck over just swing over and tip the doe over too. Bring them both in at the same time. If he's alone you'll run into a doe on your way out.
pm me if you would like further information.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom