Gardiner Bison

Halface, drawing a tags hasn't been the hard part. My niece was 6th on the list this year and I was about 90th. It's getting to hunt them. This year they trapped over 600. In 2009-2010 Montana and nonresident hunters have paid over 67,000 dollars in 5.00 drawing fees to hunt buffalo. In those two years they killed two bulls. Meanwhile they trapped and killed hundreds. I don't think they hunted them this year either but they were more than willing to they the drawing fees. I hope we finally will get to hunt them. If we do I'll probably draw about 1000th on the list. It does look a little more promising for a hunt. I'm hoping it will be a win-win for everybody but the tree huggers

I believe they actually got to kill four this year if I'm not mistaken.

TK, looked at some past information, and I didnt realize the state was doing a drawing and selling off tags to applicants. All while basically sneaking the buffs through the back door, ie. limiting hunter opportunity. So I guess drawing one may not be easier, but the chances of getting one should increase. If their objective is to take out 400 animals annually, it might be a good deal. Good luck in the draw.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom