Garmin Oregon 450t GPS ?

elkantlers

Long Time Member
Anyone have a Oregon450 or 450t GPS and how do you like it. Any likes or dislikes? I am thinking of getting one and just wanted some feedback before buying one. I specifically want it for mapping for hunting. Has anyone downloaded the property ownership maps (private, BLM and State). I think it would be great for hunting some of Wyomings checker board areas.

Thanks, elkantlers

I bought one last winter, and really like it. I haven't used it a lot, but it is a good tool. I like the mapping features. It already has public/private boundaries in it.

For a little more $$$ , purchase the 550T Model ... I've had mine now for 8 months and really like it . It's got a integrated 5mp camera , as you take a picture , it automatically downloads the GPS coordinates of your location .

A few months ago I went to Sportsmans to get the 550t but after seeing how crappy the picture quality was I just couldnt justify spending the extra money and ended up getting the 450t. I like it alot and plan on ordering a hunting map SD card for it this weekend.

I have the 450t and its awesome. Not sure what the guy is talking about having the property ownership lines already downloaded. It just comes with regular TOPO maps. I did purchase a Utah private, blm, state etc.. map from huntinggpsmaps.com and it works great and the TOPO maps are more detailed. I plan on getting the Wyoming map when i go hunt there again next year. I would just stick with the 450t and not the 550t, the camera is not worth the extra money.

I have been looking at huntinggpsmaps.com and will probably go that route. I didn't think they came with the property boundries.

How about the garmin etrex 30 GPS unit? I was thinking of picking one of these up. Whats the difference between the etrex 30 and oregon 450T?

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

I bought the Oregon 450 today at Sportsmans Warehouse. They were marked down from #349 to $299 and then after the $50 mail in rebate cost is $249. Also, there is a $10 coupon in their in store add that I used. Final cost is $239. I will download some maps tomorrow and hopfully be ready to go. I messed with it tonight for a while and it seems pretty user friendly.

I bought the Etrex vista hcx for less than 150 bucks. Works fine. Still gotta get the chip though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom