Garmin Rino 130

T

TriggerMag

Has anyone had any experience with the Garmin Rino 130.
Are they all what they are cracked up to be?
Is it a worthy investment?

Bought the 120 and I love it. Learn how to use it and you will enjoy it as well. If your hunting buddies or family has extra units, you know where they are at when they call you.

Best money I spent on my last hunt, and believe me, I spent a lot.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

I upgraded from the Ledgend to the Rino this year and talked my hunting partner into getting one also. They worked great as you can beem your position back and forth to keep track of where each other is. Also you can send coordinates to meet at too. The only thing I was not to impressed with was the radio end of them. They seem to not transmit as well as some of the hand helds and I don't think you get the range that they say you will with them. But having not to carry both is a big plus to me. Other than that a big thumbs up for them. Oh yeah the other thing. The color of green is not a good choice for the 120 that I have. While bowhunting this year I put a stalk on a bedded buck that I had to do some crawling around on my belly. Well the clip they supply you with was attached to my belt on my side and in the process of the crawl somehow it came unsnapped. Well I blew the stalk but then found out I had lost my Rino somewhere along the way in this NIGHTMARE.

big_buck_meadow.sized.jpg

I retracked my crawl and luckily found it. I bought the holster type case with the zipper for it after that. Great units though and can't go wrong with one.

Happy trails
Ridge Runner
"Now Pilgrim,you sure you can skin grizz"

I believe the only difference in the 130 is that it has an electronic compass, altimeter and barometer. I think it has a bit more memory as well.

How far of range do you get with the 120?

I have a 120, and as a GPS, it's great. As a radio, it's about the same as other handhelds. I get the best reception when it's line of sight (LOS). If it's not LOS, the reception is poor. Good investment, though.

TriggerMag.. It seemed to vary quite a bit.When in line with each other we could get maybe a mile plus. That being say when up on a ridge and the other one across on another or a road where it was clear of site. But when just 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile with maybe a few little ridges between us it would break up a bit. Never did try the higher frequencies that you have to register though. Maybe they would make the difference. Still work out ok though.

Happy trails
Ridge Runner
"Now Pilgrim,you sure you can skin grizz"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom