Garmin Rino 530

huntnbill

Has anybody had any personel experience with this GPS/Radio? I have the Rino 130, the GPS is fine but the radio sucks! Is the radio in the 530 any better?

LAST EDITED ON May-08-07 AT 02:03PM (MST)[p]The problem is that everybody else is using low wattage radios, so you still won't be able to pick them up from long distances. They'll hear you fine, but their transmissions won't make it far enough to get to you. Tell all of your cheap-ass buddies to get their lazy butts out there and buy a 530. Then you can reach each other almost anywhere. (that was a joke - don't be offended).

As a side note, the radio on the 130 is just fine, but you probably have it set on one of the low wattage channels. Read your operators manual and find out which channels transmit on the higher wattage GMRS channels and use those. I heard the FCC has allowed the use of GMRS channels for location transmission without a license, so you can probably get away with a few short verbal transmissions without getting caught - but you didn't hear it from me.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom