Gas near 64

Yes at muddy gap. Don't expect to get a lunch they got the basics of gas,snacks and drinks

That's why I run a slip tank. then no extra runs. something to think about

Does Jeffrey City have gas? Depending on where in 64 it may be as close to Lander as Muddy Gap?

Jeffery city has nothing. they have gas pumps but to my knowledge nothing is in working condition.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-06-14 AT 07:24PM (MST)[p]Sounds right. Nothing in Jeffrey City, and I mean nothing - not even a public pay telephone. Gas in Lander, Muddy Gap (not sure they're still open), Wamsutter. Atlantic City was closed when I was there a couple years ago, but it was the wrong time of day.

Probably too late to buy a second tank. Take extra gas cans.

Good luck.

Last time I was there gas at Muddy Gap was severely over priced to the point it should have been criminal. It's the only gas station out in the middle of nowhere and they take advantage of it. Bring extra gas cans and fill up somewhere else.

Muddy Gap or Lander are your choices from last time I went through. If I were on the West Side I would go to Lander and get some grub, east side well then Muddy Gap is definitely closer. Muddy Gap is expensive, but it should be open. North is up in the air on which way to go. How bout if you are way in the South/southwest of unit, Rawlins might be closest?

Got gas once 6 years ago in Jeffrey City (interesting experience), but that was closed down the last 2 times I went through there. No gas in Atlantic City last time I went through, but there is a place to grab some decent grub.

Does anyone know if there is gas available in the Crestone area on I80? Also, how are the roads north from Crestone and Wamsutter to 64?

Only fireworks at Creston Junction. Wamsutter has multiple gas and food. Road north from Wamsutter to Jeffrey City is good when dry. Has some mud holes that get bad if it's been raining hard. You can get stuck without 4wd. Rd north from Creston is just a 2-track.

When i Hunted 64 i went to Riverton for Gas and supplys. Not sure how that would compare to Lander.Good luck on your Hunt should be a great time.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom