General Area J For Deer

LAST EDITED ON Apr-03-09 AT 07:59AM (MST)[p]We hunted area J for the first time last year and had a blast. We saw probaly 20 deer a day. Mostly does and smaller bucks but, when you get away from the crowds we saw 3 or 4 that would go 160 or better. We hunted around laramie peak and the terrain was very nasty so you need to be in shape. Most of the big deer we saw were in the downed timber and very hard to get to. I did harvest my best buck to date. Good Luck.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-03-09 AT 08:00AM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/49d616884523441d.jpg

My Dad and I hunted Region J several years ago just east of Glenrock. It was a smaller private ranch with not many deer on it. We also hunted the Boxelder area just southeast of Glenrock and it was no good either.

West TXhunter- Thats a great buck and his body looks huge. Good job.

Steve

I live here in J and don't hunt here on the public. It gets hammered pretty hard during rifle season. That said, there are a few decent bucks taken on public lands in J. There is not a lot of public land and you need to have good maps and know where you are because in lots of spots, it can be easy to get on private lands. And most landowners will not hesitate to pop you for trespassing. But it is pretty good habitat and a decent area. If you come, I'd come the last few days of the season. It's closer to the rut and the weather can be colder causing more deer movement.

I elk hunted it last year and saw some pretty great bucks, nothing huge but worth hunting for sure. I think it would be a fun hunt and may do it myself soon. Gary

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom