General deer early or late?

Live2hunt1

With the early and late dates in certain units in Utah what is going to be the better hunt? The late hunts aren't late enough for a rutting action and the early is still pretty hot but less tags. Opinions? Thanks

I Can't Imagine anybody Managing an already in trouble Game/Deer Herd adding one more Hunt!

Yes!

Somebody will be Quick to tell me Splitting up Hunts/Hunters Equals Less Pressure!

But Now We'll put another 8-10 Days of Pressure on an Already Poor Quality Deer Herd!

They need to Open Deer Season up Year Around!

Just Shoot Em when You see them & Finish it off!

Looks like to me the Early Hunt would be overlapping other Hunts!

We Hunt Game Continuously & Overlapped in this State!

Don't ever give a Game Herd a Break!

The Night one Season ends,Start another Hunt up the Next Morning!

POOR Quality is POOR Quality & I Don't know if Early or Late matters anymore?

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

The early hunt over laps with the last part of the Elk hunt. I guess on those areas that have elk. I know Fish lake is one of the areas with the early deer hunt. I saw the list of the early hunt areas. Its only like six areas. I guess the idea is to pull some of people off the general hunts to help with crowding .

I couldn't agree more that Utah gives out a ton of tags but at the same time I've never held a Utah deer tag where I didn't see at least a couple mature bucks. Never a lot of big ones on the general hunt for sure but I have held a few tags in the state and they have always been enjoyable hunts once I got away from the roads. Utah holds meetings every year and the division does listen to the publics input but from my personal experience lots of talk from hunters wanting to drop tag numbers but few show up to these public meetings. I'm all for lower tag numbers and antler restricted hunts in the general units for us hunters that are out for the experience and chasing mature animals.
I'm thinking it doesn't matter either. Early or Late. Both have there positives and negatives.

I would go early unless you think you might have a spot that can find a rutty buck on the last few days of the late.

>I couldn't agree more that Utah
>gives out a ton of
>tags but at the same
>time I've never held a
>Utah deer tag where I
>didn't see at least a
>couple mature bucks. Never a
>lot of big ones on
>the general hunt for sure
>but I have held a
>few tags in the state
>and they have always been
>enjoyable hunts once I got
>away from the roads. Utah
>holds meetings every year and
>the division does listen to
>the publics input but from
>my personal experience lots of
>talk from hunters wanting to
>drop tag numbers but few
>show up to these public
>meetings. I'm all for lower
>tag numbers and antler restricted
>hunts in the general units
>for us hunters that are
>out for the experience and
>chasing mature animals.
>I'm thinking it doesn't matter either.
>Early or Late. Both have
>there positives and negatives.

They listen to the publics input and then ignore it. It's a dog and pony show. That's why not many show up to the RACs anymore. Ask any Utah sportsman that's been involved in the process since they started the RACs. You will get the same answer.

To make matters worse, the RAC boards ignore the public and the wildlife board often ignores the RAC recommendations.

^^^this^^^, they only listen to what they want to hear. The public meetings are entirely BS. You would know that if you have ever attended one.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom