general elk around fallen pines

W

wyobaldy10

hey new to this site, and was curious if anyone has had luck in area 10 for elk since it opened oct 1st for general elk, was up their bow season and saw a lot but on the first didnt even see one! not even on coyote hill (private side). did see a herd of automobiles/atvs

We hunted it opening day of rifle just for something to do since it was the only area open. The place was a zoo of trucks and didn't see any elk. Heard very few shots too. It was pretty poor conditions for hunting timber though, too hot and dry. However, two people I know did kill elk in there opening weekend. In my experience fallen pine is pretty hit or miss with the elk always getting pushed around between public and private. Good luck!

Had a friend go down even though I told him he was wasting his time. Said before daylight they saw more headlamps and taillamps than you could count. He said they hunted the first hour or so and turned around and came home. Asked a warden a few years ago while moose hunting why they don't make those areas limited quota with say 500 tags in each area so you prevent guys from changing areas and equal out the pressure. You'd have thought I called his grandmother a dirty name. It's all about revenue in the Snowy Range. I used to hunt 10 & 13 hard in the mid 80's. It was the same then as it is now, quality was poor and the the hunting pressure sucked. More pizz poor mismanagement by the WY G&F...

Yeah that is true, I've been hunting that area for 5 years or so and had seen plenty during archery but this is first year I hunted rifle in that area because I've been lucky to draw area 7 last two years , so was just trying it out to see if I could tag out early with some meat in the ol freezer

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom