general rifle deer

T

Triple_Shock

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-07 AT 08:00PM (MST)[p]so i'll be gong back to idaho next year for the first time since the early 90's. we used to pack in to the middle fork for deer and elk, last time was in 94, never hunted the general any weapon season though... can anyone give me some general info on what units to look at for an otc tag? we don't have horses but gettin off the beatin path is not an issue, camp will need to be set up near the road but hiking from there or close by would be our plan. im not gonna bs you guys, im looking for a chance at a good size muley, 160 class or better.... i can shoot small 3's and 4's all day long here in washington. i know that packing or flying in to the wilderness is the best bet for a trophy but thats not possible next year. im not interested in turn by directions, general info on some good units will do just fine! also, im WELL aware we're talking about otc tags here, looking for a good buck with an otc tag in any state is a tall order... i'll be putting in for controlled hunts, prolly a south hills or smokey mtns unit, from what iv reasearched, iv concluded 41, 44 and 45 are a few of the best tags in the state... am i pretty close? shoot me some pm's if you'd rather chat that way. alright, im ready for my beating.... thanks guys!

Unit 54 is an awsume unit it you know where the deer are and people arnt i have a couple places in mind pm me if insterested

Idaho hunting isn't worth a sh#$%^!>>>>>> anymore. Ya tell me your secret spot to. You had better draw if you want to hunt 54. And I don't mean a picture.

I've done fairly well in Idaho. I'm 57 and have hunted here my entire life. Two years ago, I got a 187. This last year, it was a bigger set of antlers, but a lower score.

For what you said you want, it's not that tough to do (I didn't say behind every rock for guys who get up at 7 AM or those who ride ATVs.)

PM me if you'd like some real info.

Call me at 208-220-2907

good luck on a 160 units have em, the middle fork isnt what it once was. Wolves got things pretty messed up in idaho. Hopefully we can get some tags for em i will buy 2 or 3.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom