General season deer points

txhunter58

Long Time Member
Is there any reason to get more than 5 general season deer NR preference points? Never applied for a general tag but will when I retire next year ??. Have 5 and don’t know if I should keep building. Seems like I shouldn’t need more than that.
TIA

Guess IT all depends on what unit you want to hunt with point creep even on general units going up I think I'd keep building them up...imo

Too late! ?

I assume, like LE tags, NRs don’t compete with residents for tags?

Retiring next year and since I have a cabin in Southwest Colorado, I will be in the vicinity in the summer and fall to do some exploring and hunting.

Put in for general season with 7 points with my son (also 7 points)..Utah just wasn't on the docket for us until this year..so we are pretty sure we'll draw..feels good to (somewhat) be able to plan on a hunt.

Hope you guys draw Cal!

Residents should be encouranging us to keep building points. It doesn't make any difference to the number of tags we get, and its more money in the till for Utah's Wildlife dept so they don't have to raise prices on residents.

Hoping to take my grandson some day. He lives in Nevada, so we can meet in the middle!

Hope you guys draw Cal!

Residents should be encouranging us to keep building points. It doesn't make any difference to the number of tags we get, and its more money in the till for Utah's Wildlife dept so they don't have to raise prices on residents.

Hoping to take my grandson some day. He lives in Nevada, so we can meet in the middle!
They could raise prices for residents to $100 per application and $450 when they draw a tag. It wouldn’t make a difference. You’d still have a lot of people applying and that money would never see a conservation, habitat or wildlife related project.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom