general tag ???? or did i screw up?

T

twister

my buddy is going with on my 1-1 moose hunt november1-14 he bought a regular deer tag on the website because in the 2008 big game seasons and rules on page 9 it says unit 1 oct 10 - oct 30 whitetail deer only and right below that it has nov 1 -dec 1 which i assumed was for the regular tag mule deer or whitetail. i then got a paper application in the mail and on the back side the regular deer tag says it can be used on any general hunt prior to november third . does this mean the tag runs out for both whitetails and muleys or just muleys.if it runs out nov 3 for both i feel like i was mislead by the 2008 big game seasons and rules booklet. am i reading the booklet wrong or is the paper application right?do i have a argument to try to get my buddies tag switched over to a whitetail tag or did i screw up. if anyone out there could clear this up i would be more than thankful!!!!

hey there twister, the way i have always undertood is if you want to hunt late for deer in northern idaho you have to buy the whitetail deer tag. that gives you the option to hunt deer late.(after oct.) the general deer tag opens mulies up and whitails but ends about the end of oct.

bud

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-08 AT 10:30PM (MST)[p]HEY TWISTER, I JUST LOOKED AT THE REGS AND IT LOOKS LIKE TO ME HE CAN HUNT ONLY WHITETAIL OCT 10TH TO OCT 31ST, THEN NOV 1ST TO DEC 1ST FOR BOTH.... AT LEAST THATS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE TO ME.

BUD

calgaryflames thanks for the reply. it spells it out loud and clear on the paper application but in the rules booklet on page 8 where it says attention deer hunters it says the regular deer tag is valid for any hunt listed on pages 9-13 and on page nine it says 2008 regular deer tag oct 10-oct31 whitetailed deer only and right below that still in unit ones box it has nov 1-dec 1. that is what we went by when we bought the tag .three days later we get this paper application that plainly states something else.my buddy wants to be able to hunt the whole two weeks to try to find one like the hog you got last year !!!.thanks again.

calgary flames you type and read faster than i do.in the regulation booklet it says that but the paper application says prior to november 3 . so do i have a argument with the idaho fish and game or is it $258 of tough love.thanks again.

I WOULD FIGHT IT TOO!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR BUDDY!!!!!!!

I BET HE DOESN'T REALIZE HOW BIG MOOSE ARE!! LOTS OF WORK BUT WORTH IT!!!!!!!

BUD

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-08 AT 10:59PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-08 AT 10:49?PM (MST)

Parenthesis usually signify exceptions for hunt, so you would not hunt muleys in oct at all in unit 1. You can hunt both species after nov 1st antlered but for antlerless whitetail does are only available nov 1 to dec, muley does out.

shoot they have an overlapping controlled hunt as well maybe it just is a split season on regular tag for whitetails only, and on whitetail tag runs straight through with no break in tags dates.

This is why we do not need two deer tags!! good luck with boise.

Get your hunt on!!
tixs,lodging,for you
cruises,trips for her!
songdogtravel.com

thats what the lady on the phone said.she was clueless why it says that on the paper app.

I buy my resident tag and hunt archery Aug- Sept 30, Whitetail and Muley, check your unit though they differ in all. Then I buy an out of state tag at $ 258, the whitetail for Oct 10 thru Dec 1. I can also hunt late archery in Dec with that tag as well. Good Luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom