German or American

Bugler

OK I looked through a set of Vortex Razors last wknd. I put them up next to a pair of swaros. both were 10x42's. I could not really tell any difference between the two. Now I was inside the big ol bass pro store and im sure this is probably why there was little difference.
I have a pair of 10x50 Leicas and love them but need another pair because my wife needs some. Should I spend the extra 1000 dollars or more on German binos or are the Vortex just as good. And are they made in America or just put together here?
I would hate to spend that extra money which is substantial if i dont need to. Any help on this guys and gals?
Bugler

I would go ahead and get the Razors Full Life Time Warranty and good glass for half of the cost of German brand.

I have Swarovski 10x42 EL's awesome bino but I needed a second pair of binos that were good glass and something I could leave in the truck if I wanted too not that I will now. I got the Vortex Razors and am very pleased IMO they are some great glass for the money and just as good as some of the big brands.

Others I considered before getting Razors were the Cabela's Euros and the Meoptas who actually make the Cabelas Euro 10x42's. The Cabelas Euros were very tempting but saved money getting the Razors.

Contact Doug at Camera Land NY he will take of you.

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
COLORADO,USA
NRA LIFE MEMBER
HUNTING PASS IT ON

Amen to what Great White Hunter says. I love my 10x42 Razors. I did see some difference between the Swaro EL and the Razors, but not enough (it was outside in the evening after sundown) to justify the extra $1000 to buy them. I am very happy. I picked my Razors up from Cowslayer and he treated me very well. I have also had terrific service from Doug at Camerland. Both of these guys will treat you well.

FH

I had the same situation. Needed some good binos for my wife. I figured since she will not use them nearly as much as I use my swaros, I couldn't justify spending that much money. I got her the 10x42 Vipers from Doug at Cameraland and am very glad I went that route. They have been excellent glass and were a great deal.

It's Bush's fault!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-08 AT 01:52PM (MST)[p]The Razors are made in Japan.

I think it's safe to say the majority of optical glass comes out of Asia. Including some used in European optics...

Can't buy a better bino for the money.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom