Get help if you need it! Give help if someone needs you!

money

Guys I found out two days ago that a good friend of mine took his own life. He was only 30 years old. Unfortunately he had some struggles and didn't see himself how others saw him and ultimately he decided to end his life. I didn't realize he was in a mental state like he was and looking back I wish I could have done more.

I encourage you to reach out for help if you need it. Find someone to lean on and talk to. You are needed in this world more than you know. And people probably see you much differently than you see yourself.

If someone shows signs of struggle or comes to you for help. Please help them! Find the time to reach out to friends and family and express how much they mean to you. You might not get the chance to tell them if you push it off.

I don't mean to sound preachy or sappy. Just have a lot on my mind and hate that people can struggle to the point that death is the best option for them.

Be strong and try to forgive yourself.
I know your pain all too well.
We lost our grandson at 22 years of age back in 2015, to an intentional drug overdose.
Everyone keeps saying I did I all I could, or should, have done. I don't know.
I will never know.

Sorry about your loss. My nephew who I helped raise took his life at about the same age, a few years ago. Working in healthcare I read a lot of patient histories. I would guess at least 30-40% of people struggle with depression, anxiety, or addiction. Don't think your weak if you need some help.
We don't usually pass judgement on people who have cancer, heart disease, diabetes, physical problems, etc.
We often do for people who have mental heath struggles. Reach out and do what you can to help each other out. You never know who is struggling, and who could use some help and encouragement.
I hope your friends family use resources available. This will take some time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom