Get ready for slop

DoeNob

LAST EDITED ON Dec-29-11 AT 09:03PM (MST)[p]I am here in 36 scouting, drove thru 31,32 and 33 on 380 to get here. I am pretty sure all units in the 30's got a decent amount of snow. They temps have been up and the melt is on. It is super sloppy out there, I nearly got stuck on a forest service road today. I knew I was headed for trouble when I passed 2 rancher trucks going the other way and they were both chained up!

4wd is more than mandatory on most forest service roads right now. If you have chains I'd recommend bringing them.

Also - found some nice backyard bulls in town today, I took these pictures around 8:30, they were still there at 5, must be this guys pets!

377492_10150555860627718_643262717_10712017_465690493_n.jpg

This winter should be like that all winter get snow watch snow melt get snow watch snow melt. Hope you get another round of storms soon.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

"Seeing any deer? "

Only meat bucks (dinks) so far but I really have only been a handful of places. Alot of the water "on top" froze solid, ponds, drinkers etc, so I think that probably pushed them to some lower elevations. With things warming back up not sure if they move higher or just stay low?

Not really seeing any rutting activity either. The smaller bucks I've seen with the does are kind of just hanging out, nobody getting too excited.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-30-11 AT 05:14PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-30-11 AT 05:14?PM (MST)

Doenob I'll be there wed. If you have any trouble and need a hand give me a call. 940-655-4911. Dustin

Did not go through 30, but if they got the same amount of snow as the area east of Roswell, its going to be wet.

With the wind today and the temps, things are drying out here. Some areas still sketchy, but not as bad as a couple days ago. Good luck and happy new year everyone!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom