Getting a good map for Deer unit 87?

robinsg61le

Anyone have any suggestions on where I can start to find a good unit map for Deer unit 87? This will be my first year hunting that area... Anyone know what it's been like around there recently?

Is there any good back packing country around there?

if you actually hunt the mountain its all back backing with roads 360 degrees around it. i'm actually heading ther in a half hour to kill some coyotes. i love that area just wish i could draw a tag.

moseley middleton

I would recommend the National Geographic CD-rom that offers USGS quads for the whole state. You can print out custom maps from there.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-15-09 AT 09:32AM (MST)[p]You can make a pretty good one on mytopo.com The come on waterproof paper and you can get the UTM grids printed on the map so you can get coordinates with a corner tool like maptools.com sells. If you try and get the entire mountain on the map it is going to be about 50 bucks set up the way I would want one.

I had an afterthought. Rocky Mountain Discount Sports in Casper prints off the Nat Geo. maps if a remember right. They have the machine right in the store and you just pick the area you want and they print it off for you right there. I don't know the costs though.

I'll look for you on the mountain.

Pat C.

Go to mytopo.com They have Topo maps of all Wyoming hunting units with the boundaries already drawn on. They have several options to choose from. Fast service and good people to deal with. Chip

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom