Getting a gun for my wife

mickeymouseoutfitters

I need sujections on what to get her. This will be for her personal protection. She is smaller than your average woman, so I don't think she could handle a larger caliber. I was thinking a derringer or the Judge.

;-) Mickey Mouse Outfitters provides an experience you will never forget, because we always do it Micky Mouse style. We always guarantee shots. It might be at the ground or in the air, but it's a guarantee we are committed to.

>So then why a Judge? A
>.45 LC/.410??
>
>"Pics or it didn't happen!"

That would be mostly for me.

;-) Mickey Mouse Outfitters provides an experience you will never forget, because we always do it Micky Mouse style. We always guarantee shots. It might be at the ground or in the air, but it's a guarantee we are committed to.

Got my wife a Beretta in .40 S&W. She can handle the recoil of an auto and it hurts what it hits, especially with a high expansion bullet.

Do you really want your wife to be armed when she catches you fooling around?

:) just kidding

No offense intended but is she mechanical and savy enough to handle a semi auto? My wife is really not that comfortable with one (or maybe I'm not that comfortable with her handling a semi auto). So I got her a Taurus 851 hammerless DAO in 38 special. Its simple, straight forward and old school. Just like her.

Ya, I don't think I'll be "fooling around". Instead of trading her in, let's just say that parts were upgraded. But the real reason why I want her to carry is because of her idiot family. The best way I can explain that is: you know when a female cat or dog is in heat and all the males start coming around? Ya, that is two out of three of her sisters. So I will require her to carry if she wants to go visit them.
We went up to Pocotello at Sam's shooting range. Shot a 22, 38 special, and the 40 glock. She could handle the 40 glock, but she didn't seem to like it. I'll get her a 38 special or a 380, something in that range.

Check out the Kahr PM9. Very compact, light weight, and a nice shooter. Not the punch of a .45 of course, but more than a .380.

where do the sisters live??? we have a cat on here that knows all about cats in heat, ,,,?

I've narrowed it down to two calibers. 9mm and the 357 mag/38 Special, she can practice with the 38's and carry the 357's.

Take a good look at Ruger LCR. Light weight, compact revolver. If she did not like the 40 cal, I know she will not like to shoot any 357 mag. Far more recoil and muzzle blast from a compact short barrel revolver.
With the 38 she can pratice with 38 hollow base wad cutters that are very mild in recoil and muzzle blast. For personal defense load a good +P 38 special 110-125 gr. HP.

RELH

Try what i did.. Go to the gun store and have her pick up every pistol. let her start by style and let her feel the feel of the pistol. i wouldnt get a huge caliber- any woman packing heat is dangerous..... dont get what you want, let her get involved with the process.........

LAST EDITED ON Sep-30-12 AT 04:01PM (MST)[p]>Take a good look at Ruger
>LCR. Light weight, compact revolver.
>If she did not like
>the 40 cal, I know
>she will not like to
>shoot any 357 mag. Far
>more recoil and muzzle blast
>from a compact short barrel
>revolver.
> With the
>38 she can pratice with
>38 hollow base wad cutters
>that are very mild in
>recoil and muzzle blast. For
>personal defense load a good
>+P 38 special 110-125 gr.
>HP.
>
>

>
>
>
>
> RELH

+1 They are a fine little lightweight revolver..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

+1 with RELH

My wife is 4'11', small hands and small build.
She shoots the Ruger LCR and LCP proficiently. She loves the 38 LCR the best. She will be getting her Concealed carry soon. She likes my Glock 19 9mm, but feels the double action Ruger is easier to use.

+1 nfh, exactly what I did. Tried to talk her into a .357 so she could shoot either .38 or .357, but let her make the final decision. Hammerless S&W .38. Lightwieght aluminum frame, about a 1.5 inch barrel.

If you need a pocket pistol I love my LCP.

Women can carry in a purse, so I would recommend a ruger SP101. I have one is 327 Federal and I absolutely love it. I have the 3" version and it has a fair amount more heft to it than tiny lightweight plastic revolvers, but is still a fairly small package (they also make it in 2"). You can get it in a 5 shot 357 or 38. It is very comfortable to hold and very easy to shoot. Its much easier to shoot than any of the tiny 380's and is, of course stronger.

The judge is very cool, I love mine and is a great home defense gun (mine is loaded with 000 buck (4 pellets per shot)). It is a large revolver though making it easier to shoot, but harder to carry. (not sure if you were even after a concealable gun though). The judge with normal 45 colt loads recoils less than a 357 mag. Cowboy action loads are pretty mild and easy to shoot.

I plan on taking her to a gun show and just let her pick it out. But I'll still stick with the 9mm or the 357/38 but just have her shoot the 38. I think there will be one in Pocatello on December 1st and 2nd.

My wife preferred a revolver. She thought the semi's were too complicated. A .38 S & W worked real well, for that matter it works real well for me in a lot of cc situations.

Ruger Mark III .22
Shoots great and it easy to use.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom