Getting it done on opening day

nmyotebuster

After 300+ miles and a beautiful day ( though DURN hot ).

My buddy Dennis was successful at 7:30 PM on this Bull.

We saw 3, and this one presented the best shot at about 300 yds.

The horns went about 32 a piece.

Not the best pics, but we were tired ( we left Abq, at 3AM ), and we were losing light fast.

DSC01831.jpg

DSC01832.jpg

Looks like some good eating. Hope it wasn't too hot and snakey out there:) Congrats on a nice bull.

>Looks like some good eating.
>Hope it wasn't too hot
>and snakey out there:)
>Congrats on a nice bull.
>

It was NAASSTTYY hot. And luckily we only had one run-in with a buzz-worm. It was a youngin' at about 3.5 feet.

Thanks for the comments, it was a heckuva shot by my buddy.

NMYB

Road Time

Hey me and my son were in the Red Toyota Tundra. Saw you guys a couple of times.We covered a lot of the west and north side.We put around 400 miles on the truck. Congrats on the nice Oryx. We will be back at it on Friday

RE: Road Time

>buster,
>
>Good job! Love the mass on
>the bulls.

Thanks guys. Now I just have to wait until Nov, when my daughter has her off-range hunt.

NMYB

Nice bull! glad to hear you got r done the first day, I went down there 11 times from Stanley N.M. and put over 4,000 miles on my truck before I got my cow. looks like we tagged out only a day apart as I killed mine July 30.

Congratulations!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom