Getting rid of a turd

hangfire

And no I'm not trying to get bess kicked off the site:D but here is my question I live in my camper traveling job to job for 6-8 months of the year. My camper is fairly new 2012 but some of the guys that have had there's for a couple years are starting to have build up. So besides the store bought sewer treatment anyone have any tricks they use?

Bess as you would say just "Razzin Ya"

When your parked and hooked to sewer don't just leave the drain open, theres not enough water on a flush to flush it down the line. Let your tank fill up then dump. Maybe if your traveling from job to job then fill the tank and let it slosh around good while traveling. They also make an angled wash out tube you can hook to the end of your wash out hose that you stick down the crapper and that lets you wash it out good.
Other then that....crap in someone elses camper.

When the city ran a new sewer line through the alley, I talked them into running a dump pipe up, while they were at it. It makes it very convenient for me, and a few of the neighbors that know about it. Anyway, back to the point. When I clean mine out, I always pull the drain's opposite side tire up on blocks to increase the slope of the drain. I then take a long handled wand with a 45 degree angle on it, stick it down the toilet and hose the crap out of it, literally. When I get ready to go again,I add a touch of water and a pellet down there, so that when I travel, things slosh around, and it's ready to use when we get there.

Darn and I thought you had a post about how to get rid of Dude, Ziggy, and Eldorko. You did mention a turd.

RELH

"Sage will do it for $70 an hour."

Sounds like good advice given!!

Naw man, i never got into that part of the biz. Took me many years to be able to plumb a 3 story home with a bunch of bathrooms all over the place on my own. It takes them rotor rooter guys about 2-3 days to learn their trade! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

When you travel with your camper fill the tank 1/3 full with water and dump in a couple of bags of ice. It will slosh around and clean the tank of the build up. Than dump it at your next spot.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-13 AT 10:39PM (MST)[p]>When your parked and hooked to
>sewer don't just leave the
>drain open, theres not enough
>water on a flush to
>flush it down the line.
>Let your tank fill up
>then dump. ...............
>
> Other then that....crap in someone
>elses camper.

\Bessy has a nice enough camper; I'd take a dump in there anytime.

Blame it on Bessy!

Everybody else does!:D

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

Do what RV said and I add half a cup of Dawn detergent. .........cleans the whole system.

I also made up a PVC wand with several 1/4 in. holes just above a cap, it works great.

All that said, I avoid "dropping a deuce" in my RV whenever possible. I'll hit the woods first.

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

By the cheapest asprin on the market a bottle of 500 and put two to four asprin in the tank twice a week. It will help break up anything that is in the tank. Keep the trap closed until you dump it once a week. Always leave a few gallon of water in the tank when traveling...

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

I use ice and bleach in mine and I fill the tank with water about 3/4 full and let bounce around for awhile while driving then dump some then put in more ice and drive some more, seems to work pretty good.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom