Giant Steens buck

htnfool

LAST EDITED ON Sep-03-08 AT 08:31PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-03-08 AT 08:29?PM (MST)

Hey fellas,

Just got back from the Steens. What beautiful country. Picked up an archery tag the day before the opener and headed out. Had my good friend Andy and his 7 year old son Dakota in tow. Found this brute on the second day of the hunt and put an arrow in him on the 3rd. Pinwheeled him at 60 yards. I can't believe I made the shot with my nerves on overdrive and my breathing like a tornado. A calm came over me that I can probably never explain. Luckiest shot of my life. He goes over 210.

48bf47d07389c2fc.jpg

Happy hunting

Scott

Congratulations htnfool! That is a stud buck! And thank you for killing that pig on the Steens, tired of hearing everyone beat down the entire range. Obviously there are still some big bucks if you want to hunt hard. Great buck!

Very nice buck! People are always saying the steens suck now for deer....but look at what you got!

Congrats...

muleyman

Congrats to the hunter, that is an awsome buck. There could be a diamond in the rough anywhere. I've never heard anyone say there was not any big deer on the steens just VERY few deer unless near an irrigated field of some kind. We scouted for 5 weeks for sheep all over the high country on the mountain spending several nights out and the total deer count was around 20 animals. The deer just do not live where they should these days. Saw lots of cougar tracks, now there eating our precious bighorns.
Oh yea we ended up with a 163 ram!

Congrat's again!
Koyote

Nice to see another nice buck killed in Oregon!! Must be a fluke because we don't have any big ones left!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom