Gila 16B

E

elkmon

has any body had any good luck in the gila wilderness. Going down to the Gila next weekend, first time there.

Take a varmint call and a couple of stricknine laced beef in there with you. I hear there are some really big coyotes you can hunt in there. There's also several packs of feral alaskan malamute dogs that got out of someones back yard and need to be taken out! hehehehe good luck and watch your six.

We hunted the late archery hunt, but didn't manage to score. Of course, we were being selective, but were into elk every day. I sat out a couple days as I over did it the first few days hiking way the hell back into the wildeness. It was worth it though, as I saw one of the biggest bulls I've ever laid eyes on.

I'll be back down there this hunt too with my pops. His brother is bringing horses, so I'm pretty excited as that'll be a first for me. My dad says this will be his last elk hunt, so we'll have to see if we can't top last year where he killed his first elk.

I have an area pretty much picked out about 6-7 miles into the wilderness, but we'll see how it goes. I'm sure things have changed a lot down there over the last month.

good luck! post some of ur bowhunt pics so we can enjoy!! some of us are from North NM! and won't be able to see what's active way down in GILA..

and good luck to ur pop's hunt!

vinihunt

LAST EDITED ON Oct-15-08 AT 08:49AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-15-08 AT 08:37?AM (MST)

Oh yeah, there was a lot of yotes, but no sign of the feral Alaskan Malmutes...where we were any way.

This is really the only pic I took from our bow hunt. For some reason, this sunning buzzard let us walk up to less than 30 yards from him...never had them do that before:

48f602dd4c59ce2b.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom