Gila Bull Pics

Ltsheets

Very Active Member
Just wanted to post these so others with Gila tags could see how they're doing and am trying to get better at judging bulls so any score estimates would be appreciated. Try and take into account how much time they have left for growth depending on when the pic was taken. Thanks!

9664mfdc0182.jpg

1541mfdc0184.jpg

3890mfdc0205.jpg

1976mfdc0206.jpg

4080mfdc0211.jpg

6816mfdc0212.jpg

6677mfdc0218.jpg

2279wgi0042.jpg

I did but didn't really stop to check it out. Looked like it had all stopped. Last time I was there in late june, it was already all but out anyway.

Capt Sheets,

looks like you're having a blast! hope you smoke a monster, im not much for judging but where im hunting I would shoot any one of those bulls!!!

I hear ya there. The anticipation is getting palpable.

>Shooters for sure! The wait is
>getting tough.

...Their done growing,looks like the backs will be weak this year,there is going to lots of breakage due to the drought,there are no big bulls.......I hear it every year....lol.

I saw a 30" spike next door yesterday with the cows,a kid who hasn't been chased off by the cows yet....nope no decent elk in NM.
Oh I'm 40 miles away from the Gila,so there's no decent elk here either. Hah.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-14-15 AT 02:58AM (MST)[p]They're done growing. This weekend we saw two white horned bulls with velvet hanging. Heard two half azzed bugles too.

>12ring, I think you heard Hank
>practicing. Lol

Funny ,but I don't use a bugle,just cow calls.
I bugle and they shut up.

I'm on board with that Hank, maybe we just need to watch more hunting videos, or have a big camera and 4 guys behind us as that always seems to work like a charm. Lol

It's not my ability,it's their hearing too many flat brim truck buglers now.....with 4 guys and a camera,LOL.

Locator bugles if needed(no usually) and cow calls when I get there for me.

Nope...the elk tag is 1 Sep just like everyone else...I'll be hunting bighorn ewe on 31 Aug and hoping to tag out the first day so I can then head down to the Gila! fingers crossed...

>Your tag starts August 31st, lucky.
>

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom