Gila Rainfall 2015

salsola

Posting up the rainfall totals from April 1- June 30, 2015.
To check out the preceeding winter/spring precip check here: http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-b...z=show_thread&om=6229&forum=DCForumID34&omm=0

Colored circles are 10 mile radius around each RAWS weather station. Towns are in italics, station names and rainfall totals in regular print.

Data was pulled from here: http://www.raws.dri.edu/wraws/nmF.html

For the typically dry portion of the year, the Gila is doing pretty well. Here are the long term data records for some select stations for the same time period.

Station........ Apr- June Precip (in)
Beaverhead...... 1.54
Luna............ 1.73
Magdalena.........1.9

Luna seems to be lagging, but otherwise we are definitely ahead of schedule in terms of rainfall. Looks to be an early monsoon too.

gila_rain_aprjune_2015_zps7c84stfp.jpg
[/URL]

Just got home from a couple days in 16D. Everywhere I went was green with mud on many of the trails. I don't know how it normally is but i'd say there's been plenty of rain there. Also, drove near the fire area and everything I saw was only a couple very small areas that were still smoldering, but looked like most had gone out. Got more rain after I saw it before I left as well.

Was down in the gila this weekend, got soaked out hiking every day (thurs, fri & sat). From what I saw nobody with a tag should be concerned with lack of horn growth either!

Which unit did you scout and did you get any pics of the bulls you saw?

>Was down in the gila this
>weekend, got soaked out hiking
>every day (thurs, fri &
>sat). From what I
>saw nobody with a tag
>should be concerned with lack
>of horn growth either!

Updating the info with precip from april to july 2015.

gila_rain_APRJULY2015_zpsr34odbt9.jpg
[/URL]

Most stations appear to be above normal. Here are the long term data records for some select stations for the same time period.

Station........ Apr- July Precip (in)
Beaverhead...... 4.12
Luna............ 4.77
Magdalena........4.37

Compared to last year at about the same time, it looks incredible:

http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-b...61&forum=DCForumID34&archive=yes#.VcAQKfmgvK8

Looking pretty good down here.
Area around Toriette & Cruzville got hammered last month,logs along road still.
Area just north of Reserve to Cruzville in badlands is greenest I've ever seen.
Fence Lake is also.
Quemado could use more,but still pretty green.

Oh yeah,elk everywhere big fat and sassy!!!

Glad to hear you guys are wet down south. I have had the wettest year in... maybe ever!... Had 11" of rain in May June and July at my place. Plenty of Feed... hard to keep up with the weeds. Elk and Deer are fat and should have above average head gear this yr.
Jack

I suppose the official state question is "Red or Green?". My place has been red for such a long time that it looks weird when it turns green.

Excellent ,Thx for updates guys. The key to great bone growth is the precipitation in winter and early spring, Gila fared well this year...26 days and counting.

How are things looking out there? the last time I was in the Gila was in May. I heard there was a pretty good storm that blew through last weekend! im excited 3 more weeks.

I was driving around in 17,21B,21A,16C,16D and 16E last weekend and everything was green...the only brown i was were steep hillsides and arroyo banks...getting really excited for the elk hunt middle of september and the deer hunt over in the Capitans beginning of the month...

BeastN,
In two scouting trips, I have hiked in and checked 11 different tanks. Water was in 9 of them. No standing water where I was on either trip.

Thanks early.... Truck is packed we are hitting the road for 18 hrs headed to Gila. Looking to make it to Phoenix tonight. Good luck fellas!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom