gila roads

Can't say i have but if you come across that call police and game and fish and get the names or plate numbers of those outfitters and report them and if anything else fight fire with fire :) take it as you want... ;)

Two years ago I was sitting by a waterhole in a wilderness area and an outfitter drove up on an atv. This atv came up the canyon that leads to the Farr ranch. I know it wasn't any of the Farr's but it was the outfitter that bought his tags. Called law enforcement but never heard anything back.

@jessbad you should've shot the tires out... This is why SB196 made me a happy camper. I feel sorry for the guy that would do that to me. I once know a guy that was confronted by a Outfitter on public land and told to leave. The outcome of that outfitter is he got in deep S**t because he wasn?t only wrong for doing that; his hunters tag was for Ranch only and was not permitted on public land. Talk about sweet justice. For those of you wondering where this was, it happened in Unit 52 close to the hang man ranch.

Yes, two of the last three years. They find an area that has a bunch of elk, post up and block the roads. Last year in 16A it was on rd 161 at the second cattle guard. They were in there as early as mid august. The yr before it was on a small road heading north near collins park. They blocked access to about 10-15 miles of hunting area. I confronted them the previous year and it came down to a shouting match and was heated, but I was outnumbered so I went somewhere else. Last year I was only helping so I didn't get as involved. They actually had a sign staked in the middle of the road with a truck parked across it saying that they had hunters in there and to say out...pissed me off.

We notified the game wardens when we ran across them. He stopped back by and said he saw no evidence of blocking access or any signs. All that says to me is the outfitters know who to pay off. Too bad...they were blocking some prime country. We ended up doing just fine in some other areas...but that's not the point. Both of these were on Bow hunts....

Good luck. I hope you don't run into the same problem. I even sent a letter to the game an fish with outfitter info, license plates, dates, times...I never heard anything back. And as a matter of fact haven't draw an elk tag since!! Ha ha! Go figure.

Oops, now that I think about it...it has been 3 yrs since the first encounter and 2yrs since the last. Sorry about the error in dates.

>Oops, now that I think about
>it...it has been 3 yrs
>since the first encounter and
>2yrs since the last. Sorry
>about the error in dates.
>

A buddy of mine told me the same thing happened to him in 16A the last 2 years in a row.

If I saw a sign that someone posted near a water tank that said something like... "Hunter on water hole ahead"...... and nothing else, I would probaly say, well, he beat me there & go find someplace else to hunt without going in & possibly messing up that person's hunt.

BUT when someone tries to BLOCK a public road, I will fight back with whatever means necessary... words, knuckles, knees, elbows, teeth, boots, sticks, rocks, and or knives & bullets! In no particular order!!

Bulls1... I hope you bring your video camera!! It could get western!

Anyone know who the outfitter was?

What is sad is the majority of the outfitters that operate in the Gila are not even local guys or guys from the state. They are out of state outfitters operating in New Mexico. Or as one guide said ?I'm a resident because I live in a cabin for four months during the hunting season,? excuses me but that's not a resident. Our local hunters and local guys that work for local outfitters are being screwed out of a job. Only an out-of-state idiot would do that because anyone from New Mexico Knows how we play and that's a dirty game. Slash all five tires or seven if a dually and cut the vacuum hoses to the engine. So when the Game and Fish go back the truck is where they left it and one more thing take pictures of trucks and lic plates. Or if you can the Vin # because I found out that some of these guys use stolen or old plates so they don't get bothered.

^^^^ I GUESS YOU ARE RIGHT BUT THEY SALE LAND TO SO IF THEY WANT TO ACT LIKE IF IT IS JUST THERES THEY CAN BUY SOME LAND AND DO AS THEY PLEASE. BUT IF I CAN ACROSS ONE OF THESE GUYS IT WOULD NOT END PRETTY I CAN PROMISE YOU THIS. SUGAR IN THE GAS TANK AND EVERYTHING. OR I WOULD MOVE THERE TRUCK FOR THEM I'VE BEEN WANTING TO TRY THE HEAVY DUTY BUMPER I MADE LAST YEAR ON SOMETHING. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS "DO YOU HEAR THAT BABY CRYING AND DO YOU SEE SMOKE WE BETTER GO CHECK IT OUT'"? THATS MY STORY WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT :)

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom