gila wilderness

NMBOWHUNTR

Was wondering if any fellow MM's have been into the wilderness after the whitewater baldy complex fire last year and if so how bad did it burn? Just curious about the damage and how much is moonscaped or was it primarly an understory burn?

Salsola the map you posted didnt appear. If its the one off of the inciweb website then I have checked it out but cant get a good idea of how bad it is. If anyone has some boots on the ground insite from this past hunting season and would be willing to send me a pm it would be greatly appreciated. I plan on heading in this spring to check it out for myself.

Last August I climbed up the Bearwallow lookout tower and took a bunch of pictures. The forest service was still dropping bales with helicopters at the time.

It was amazing how many thousands of acres were charred to a crisp and looked like the moon. Very sad, but the forest will regenerate.

16B will be better than ever in just a few years.

1679092.jpg

5687094.jpg

In a few years(one big wind storm) it will be a hard place to hunt with all those dead trees falling, But it will have alot of good stuff to hunt.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom