gila

JACOB2006

Whats the word anyone kill yet?Are they rutting yet?Drawing the third hunt makes for a long wait!!!!Would love to see some NM pics.

they were rutting the last of august with awesome bulls showing up. looked like the ol man was gonna get a great bull on the first bow hunt. then opening day everything shutup and nothing was coming in to wallows. saw one 350 bull opening day and several 320 bulls. thursday a bull pushing the 400 mark came outta the junipers with 30 cows and went to water at one of our favorite water holes. thursday night yielded nothing and so far today all that was seen were a lot of 320 bulls and nothing else. appears that the one cow that must have been in heat isnt in heat anymore. the rut isnt really happening and the weather is just to hot. not to worry though. looks like my wifes gonna be killing a 370+ bull next week so im excited about that hunt... yeeehaaaaaw!

ego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde ego sum bardus (I participate on monstermuleys therefore I am stupid)

I received a text yesterday from a friend of mine who is a guide. His client took a real nice 380 bull in 13. He said they are starting to get a little more vocal each day.

yeah. they bagged a 315 6x6 and my father never got on the 400. hes still there just nocternal. on tuesday my dad had a 350 bull patterned and was on water hrs b4 first light. however the bull was already there to. he snuck in and setup anyways and the bull kept wallowing less than 20 yds away. said his buging hurt his ears. an hr later when it was lighter the elk was gone but brought his cows back to water. they didnt go all the way to the wallow but stopped at 79 yds at the drinker. he waited for a closer shot but they left instead. he coulda kept hunting but work brought him home.
no bull for him this year.

however the elk started rutting really good over labor day weekend in the gila.

ego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde ego sum bardus (I participate on monstermuleys therefore I am stupid)

i sure will.

on a side note i was a little pissed today. the guides on the san juan were guiding a wealthy girl and her husband that always buy those bull tags and are on the mossback video every year. long story short they found her a monster bull. told her they werent sure if he would go 390. she passed. another girl hunter was brought to the bull. she thot it lookedhuge and shot it. the bull was a straight 6 that scored over 390. I cant believe people pass on bulls that size simply because of the score of the animal. well they have a bull spotted that they say is a giant 6 by 6 and noone is willing to shoot it because its not close to 400. looks like terras gonna bag a very big bull come saturday.

but just so u know i will never say a bull i post is bigger than 330.

Good luck stinky, hope you get her the one she wants. Thanks again for your help. Really appreciate it!

u bet high mountain. anytime. dont forget to call jerry. hck swing by and talk to him. while ur there ask him to give u the cf card from the camera he put over tha wallow. i think a 400 bull may be on it and a friend wants to see the pics.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom