Gila

NMHUNTER

Hey guys couple quick questions. which gila unit would u guys say has the most elk and also are the elk ussually pretty fired up by the second bow hunt???

16D and A,lots of elk. IMHO bulls are fired up the hottest last week in Sept and first week of Oct. around here.

Every year is different, but I hear a lot of elk in 15 this year. The bulls start getting hot middle the second hunt, but last archery hunt is for sure the best.

thanks for the info guys. ill be down in 16b for the second bow huntand I hear there arent as many elk as in other gila units, is this true?

From the initial look on the map 16B/22 has more hunt able area than any other of the Gila units plus its mostly all wilderness so no atvs/road hunters. It also looks to be the most extreme terrain of all the 16's.less elk maybe, but still a lot from what I hear.

Let's hear your opinion on what an shooter bull in the Gila 16B looks like with archery tackle... Trying to get my expecations alined. Rainfall being the variable so maybe we can talk "average years"...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom